Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat d3b questions

stumper120 ยท 2014-02-05 09:57

I just picked up a 84 d3b with 4300 original hours, only 1000 on the complete undercarriage. my questions are what oils to use in the bevel gear, hydraulics, ext. I plan on getting a shop manual soon but wanna service it now. it has a ton of blow by which I here is common so I plan to overhaul it after doing a few projects and upgradeing it to 3 ring, in everyones experience is a bore job immanent or if im lucky a hone and go? also I already hate the hand twist throttle and would like a foot decelerator, any ideas?

Replies2
  1. #1Mobiltech2014-02-05 12:35

    here you go . Hope you can see it This is for a 23Y serial number

  2. #2stumper1202014-02-07 13:04

    does that mean I can run crankcase oil or to-2 in the tranny? its a 3f 1r tranny, also anyone got a good source for the spherical tilt/ angle bearings other than cat?