Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Cat Electronic Blade Control

insleyboy ยท 2008-07-08 20:38

Just talked to an operator friend today. John Carlo is using these new Cat dozers with all electric, no linkage dozing capability! Anyone have imput?

Replies2
  1. #1Vantage_TeS2008-07-08 21:38

    Is this super new or are you talking about the vertical joysticks that are coming in the T series etc? If that's what you are talking about, those things are absolute sex. I ran a 6R with a sixway blade with one of those electronic sticks and OH MY GOD it's nice. Super smooth to control and you can go for hours with absolutely no fatigue. I was pulling 15 hours a day stripping ahead of two different pipe crews and then reloaming behind as they went. If you are coming off the old T-handle style it may take a day or two to get used to how little movement you need to make major blade changes but I'm a hoe operator too so it was a snap for me =)

  2. #2CarterKraft2008-07-12 13:54

    electric controls are not really new but they are nice. Pretty much all current CAT machines I can think of are electric/hydraulic. Easier to troubleshoot, repair, and operate what's not to like?