Propel Parts has a seal kit (Cat number) #2408515 for lift cylinder 4J4848 but could not tell me if the gland seals are in it, supplying me with the kit contents instead. Below are the part numbers, all in a quantity of one. Kit # 2408515; 2H3931, 3F9606, 3081845, 4J3236, 4J9224, 4T8054 If anyone has the means and the willingness to look to see if this kit includes everything needed to replace both the piston seals and the gland seals I will be in their debt. Thanks!!
240-8515 Seal Kit contains 1 of each.... 2H3931 seal o-ring 3F9609 seal assembly 4J3236 ring wear 4J9224 ring hackup 4T8054 seal assembly 308-1845 wiper seal As far as I can see that is everything required to replace the piston and head seals in addition to the o-ring that seals the head to the barrel. Hope that helps.
Also, 4J-4848 is the Part Number of the cylinder barrel only, not the complete cylinder group including head, rod, and piston. Do you have the part number for the complete assembly..?
Thanks Nige! No, don't have the assembly # but shouldn't need it at this point. OM came up with the number I used (as well as the tractors serial #) to source the kit.
Well, I lost, searched and found my parts manual. There are actually two Lift Cylinder Groups. 4J4890 and 4J4891, the only difference being the cylinder rod.