Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT D4D help

510 backhoe ยท 2024-08-07 14:41

I have Caterpillar D4D dozer. I need to complete some repairs but I cant find the correct books. My S/N is 83J2040. I need to work on my track adjuster. The idler is pushed back and grease is packed in the spring. Also is there a way to change this with splitting the track.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2024-08-07 15:15

    The correct Service Manual is Cat Publication reference REG00632. Here are links to a brand new OEM manual in CD form on eBay and a used one in paper format, also on eBay . Is your track adjuster mechanical or hydraulic.? It's unlikely unless your tracks are so worn that they can be "bent" out of the way so you can get access.

  2. #2510 backhoe2024-08-07 16:30

    Thanks, Nige. I believe they are hydraulic (grease).

  3. #3Nige2024-08-07 16:46

    It's just that there are two types, hydraulic & mechanical. Here's the procedure for the hydraulic one.

  4. #4510 backhoe2024-08-07 16:57

    Thanks so much. This is what I needed.