Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fancy garbage on dozers

chidog · 2024-08-07 20:06

After reading about all the goofy things that can happen on all the electronic dozers now, I can't imagine pushing over a high rock face and suddenly the thing won't reverse or engine goes into derate and or limp. They have taken a machine that is inherently dangerous to begin with, and increased that danger way over a thousand fold in some instances. I feel that many of the dangerous machines on jobsites should be exempt from any sort of device that can fail and cause an operators death.

Replies4
  1. #1Tyler d4c2024-08-07 21:39

    Well with that said there's not a machine or truck out there that a situation could happen that it shut down and lead to a accident. But who's to say that of d6c that has ever even thought of having a bad day doesn't say have the injection pump die at the worst possible time.

  2. #2epirbalex2024-08-08 01:54

    Three or so weeks ago during a flood in the Gisborne district NZ an operator drowned in a dozer . Fully inclosed cab with a hydraulic controlled forestry guarding package could not be opened after the motor stopped in deep water .

  3. #3nicky 68a2024-08-08 03:11

    I’m thinking of times when D8H/K could loose tranny pressure on batters . Soon learned to fire a few extra gallons in them to avoid a roller coaster ride

  4. #4chidog2024-08-08 19:51

    Yeah have enjoyed that ride myself. But then at the time I didn't know about the 3 extra gallons of oil that was required in the trans/bevel housing for steep slope work (per the manual). But now its orders of magnitude worse with all the other garbage either required or added by know nothing engineers that think they are smarter than the old guys of the past. And wow, that hydraulic forestry guarding. Talk about stupid, I sure hope someone gets a bunch of millions over that stupid move.