Gents, I have the above D6N with 3450 hrs. I had a J100-18 code activate. I changed the oil and filter (which only had 100 hrs on it) and after 40 min the code comes back. I had CAT check the voltage on Oil Sending unit and was told it was out of spec. Changed the Oil Sending Unit and code cleared. Came back on after running 30-40 min. I’m stumped. I did send in an oil sample and waiting on results. I let the machine idle after throwing the code and it cleared itself from the “active” list. I shut down at this point to figure this one out. Low idle oil pressure is 21-23 psi. High idle 38-41 psi. 3.0 speed 48-51 psi. Suggestions appreciated.
That Code corresponds to an E360-2 Event - Engine Derated due to low oil pressure. The conditions that generate the Event are variable depending on engine RPM: - The engine has been running for at least ten seconds. There are no active diagnostic codes for the oil pressure sensor or for the atmospheric pressure sensor. Engine oil pressure is in the "LEVEL 2" area in Illustration 2 for eight seconds. The derate will be cancelled if the oil pressure rises 21 kPa (3 psi) above the set point for 20 seconds. According to what I can see the minimum oil pressure at maximum engine speed and at normal operating temperature is supposed to be 315 kPa or 45 psi. It seems what you are seeing is right around that minimum value. Did you measure the numbers you posted above with a mechanical gauge that you know is good.? Please post your oil analysis results when available. Also please take a look at the engine Data Plate. Somewhere on it should be the engine Test Specification. That will look something like 0K1748, or it could start with 0T or 2T. From that spec it should be possible to find some more detailed information regarding what engine oil pressure should be.
Hi Nige, Thanks for the feedback. I’ve attached two pics of the Engine Information found on top of the engine. Is the information you’re looking for found here? I couldn’t find another source but will look again, if needed. FYI, the pressure readings were from a test gauge inserted into a port above the oil filter. It matched perfectly with the operators screen readout. I’ll revert as soon as I have oil analysis back.
Unfortunately no. That plate doesn't even have the engine Serial Number on it, seems to be the emission certification plate. Normally the engine S/N plate is on the valve cover, maybe on this tractor it is somewhere else on the engine.