Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D5G LGP variable speed issues

Trent ยท 2014-05-01 22:13

I have a D5G that the variable speed won't work also the guage one the dash does not work as well. There is a transmission warming light on as well. I have checked most of the wiring and found a speed sensor on the LH drive motor unplugged but the problem is still there any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Replies3
  1. #1Deeretracks2014-05-01 23:54

    Our 4G did that and the switch was bad in the handle. Check the fault codes and see what the light is for.

  2. #2Trent2014-05-02 08:50

    How do you pull the codes there is no display and I do not have a lap top? Is there a switch or do jump pins in the diagnostic plug and count the flashes

  3. #3Deeretracks2014-05-02 10:57

    Yes, there is a red light and a 8 pin connector next to the fuse panel. Jump pins 1&2 to display a code. Each code should be 3 digits.