Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat d5m transmission codes

Tyler d4c ยท 2020-07-25 16:51

I'm getting codes 691-7 692-7 693-7 695-7 the transmission will go thought and calibrate every time the clutch pressures are in spec has new filter and screen is clean. I still need to check priority and supply pressures but I'm currently leaning to them being ok as the trans pump is fairly new. There is no speed sensor codes. Every time it shifts it will code out. 6as prefix. Any ideas thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2020-07-26 05:33

    Here's a couple of clues. "This diagnostic code is recorded when there is a speed difference between two transmission components." "There are other diagnostic codes that are active, or there are recently logged diagnostic codes for speed sensors." As you're seeing four out of the five clutch solenoids throwing the same FMI 07 (only missing 694-7) I suggest a close look at the speed sensors and speed sensor wiring might be in order.

  2. #2Tyler d4c2020-07-26 09:29

    Yes 4 -7 codes I'll have to do some checking of the speed sensors just seems odd as to no codes for them

  3. #3Nige2020-07-26 10:13

    There may be no Active Codes for speed sensors but are there any recent Logged ones..?

  4. #4Tyler d4c2020-07-26 10:44

    No recent logged ones I believe I found the trouble I went and graphed the trans input speed sensors in et and the graph was consistent and ran evenly together then I did the same for the trans intermediate speed sensor and it was flat lined other then the occasional jump in speed that was totally inconsistent.

  5. #5Tyler d4c2020-07-26 14:01

    I also come to find that with the 4 transmission speed sensors unplugged it does not make a DTC appear