Getting erratic levels in tank and a DEF quality alarm. Now tank shows 0% when tank is full. Anyone know if level sensor and quality sensor are one? CAT will be coming today I'm sure. I parked it.
Without a S/N any information is going to be a guess. There are 10 different models of D8T out there.
They don't all have same def system?
No. Some of them are marketed for other countries and are not fitted with emissions equipment. Without a S/N it's flying in the dark but then again I'm not the one who's looking for the information.........
Where can one purchase a Def level sensor with out buying from the dealer for D9t 2015 sn# rex 0379 I don't think it came with a quality sensor from what i was told from another post my Def tank is full but shows nothing 0 percent and the gauge is zero also alarm going off Thanks for helping me with the Axles last week
The part number you’re looking for is 456-0728, sensor cannot be changed separately from the header, they’re not outrageously priced from cat in the grand scheme of things. You can source them from eBay on occasion assuming you trust the seller on items like this.
Your the guy that explained to me about my d9t problem last fall the codes and what they are related to where are you located in Indiana are you a Cat mechanic or a self service mechanic for hire
about how much does a new one cost from Caterpillar I have no Idea but I did go to ebay and there was a brand new one in the Caterpillar box they wanted $500 plus 29.00 delivery I made them an offer for $450. and they have accepted it
I was showing about $550 so assuming it is new in the sealed box, that would be a fair price.
If Cat offered it genuine for $550 there is no way I would go to ebay to save a hundred bucks on that. If you trust the dealer somewhat at least to make good if there is a problem. Ebay does have a pretty good refund policy if it's junk, but it is pretty short duration.
yep i agree but if i get one before they come out to work on the dozer i wont possibly have to pay them foe a 2nd round im an hr from the closest Cat Dealer 1500 2000 per service call probably thinking about buying my own Cat computer ET. plus they told me it would be 2 weeks before they had anyone available they must have a shortage of workers In Illinois never had to wait like that before usually 1 day and their guy was at my machine the part is brand new in the cat box