I have side to side movement on front idler shaft bearings or bushings. I have removed idler ,removed tapered pins and bearing blocks, I dont know how to remove bushing assembyy. thanks keith-50
It's a bit involved, best go to a UC shop that has all the tools(press and fixtures). I suspect the seals have leaked and it ran dry so you need a major repair. Bushings, shaft and seals, then might aswell get the tread built back up too. Later Bob
Remove the bolts holding the bushing assembly into the idler wheel, put wheel in large hydraulic press, put on safety face shield and safety screens on press, install ear plugs ... engage press on end of idler shaft, stand back and wait for large bang. Flip over and repeat from opposite side. When reassembling it is imperative that you use long threaded bolts to align the bolt holes when pressing bushing assemblies back in place. It is also absolutely imperative after pressing in one bushing assembly to INSTALL THE IDLER SHAFT before pressing in the second bushing assembly. Deere shop did that once, I got a few laughs watching them figure out how to get one of those bushings back out without destroying it so they could put the shaft in. Yes, if you haven't done it before and you don't have really large shop tools, as Bob suggests take it to an UC shop or dealer to get it done. Probably a good idea to price an aftermarket complete idler before you get any further, likely a lot cheaper than parts and labor to fix a used one.
Or just buy a good used idler assembly from a track shop....that's what I did. Cost $200