Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ouch

moto mike ยท 2014-09-22 23:57

I bought a fiat allis dozer that moved and ran well but after i cleaned the filters, now the tracks will not move. It is a 8b powershift and runs very well and the blade hydraulics are strong but i'm now in stationary mode! Any suggestions? I've revved it for probably 5 minutes, filled the filter casings with as much oil as I could (they mount horizontal) and dragged it backwards with my kubota.

Replies3
  1. #1CM19952014-09-23 11:13

    Welcome to the forums moto mike!:drinkup I'll have to leave the mechanical questions to our more knowledgeable members in the mechanic sphere.

  2. #2Deeretracks2014-09-23 12:47

    Don't know too much about FA dozers but even if you picked up oil through the filters you likely pumped air into the control circuits. There is probably a way to bleed the air out and get it to go into gear. Just a guess really.

  3. #3Viny2014-09-26 19:12

    Ok, I'm glad I found this forum. I have an FD80 and I have a similar problem. In my case, I let the hydraulic fluid get low. I started it up like normal and it just wouldn't move. The blade still moves in all directions, but the dozer is no go. I assume there's some air in the system, but I haven't a clue as to how to bleed it. Help?