I have a D6M LGP machine Serial #2RN00495 I need to add some transmission fluid and need to what Cat specs for this machine. I'm in south Mississippi so the machine does not operate in a cold climate. I have a half of drum of Shell Donax TC 50, and also a few buckets of tractor hydraulic fluid but don't know if either of these are compatible. If anyone could let me know what Cat specs for this dozer it would be appreciated.
For your climatic conditions you ideally need an SAE30 oil that meets Cat TO-4 specification. Tractor Hydraulic Fluid certainly won't work. Donax TC50 meets Cat TO-4 spec but the viscosity is higher than recomended. The power train oil system contains 38 gallons of oil. I would say that if you need to add 5 gallons or less then the Donax TC50 will work fine for you because the increase in viscosity resulting from adding a drop of SAE50 to an SAE30 oil will be mimimal.
Thanks Nige that's what I needed to know, this info will keep me from having to make the long drive to the Cat dealer.