Hi Guys, My friend has a D7 3T Dozer,fitted with Blade & La Plant Hydraulic pump. He is interested in finding out any info on this crawler,including: Year of manufacture & types of suitable rear winch....plus any other info you care to share. The SERIAL # is 20,400. Fire away fellas..... Thanks...Jim
The machine was made in the United States according to my serial# book. The S/N 03T20400 is a 1952 model. It falls between the s/n break 03T18146-21374. I hope this information can help you out.
Thanks QT, That will make him happy...he thought it was a '53 model,but was unsure. My friend has no access to the internet ,& I'm trying to persuade him to go online to share the wealth of knowledge that is out there.I am often suprised that many of my customers are not PC owners....old-school blokes that have better things to do,I suspect! Any other info is appreciated. Jim
Go to http://www.antiquecaterpillar.org/ and go the forums page...there are lots of folks there with much experience with older Cats. Great place to share knowledge and get questions answered.
Thanks for the link,D6C10K.This site will give me the info I need. I'm sure I joined the ACMOC site a few years ago,but never visited it & forgot my details. Jim
Hi Jim, i Finally found my way here .Our d24u and d47u are both 1952 models also.I think if your registered at the cat forum above it should recognise you when you log on.Any luck with your tracks yet? ian.
G'day Ian, Still waiting in the queue for posting on above Cat forum. No luck with the Furukawa CT5 track gear....even getting people to reply to my request is tough. I'd like to know diameters on sprockets for small Allis,Case & Deere crawlers. Looking for sprockets around 23 inch diameter. Jim
Hi Jim ,Do you still have case 310 stuff there ,as i reckon they would go close.I found the cat enthusists forum a little more user friendly than the owners one and they do have a forum for non cat questions.The sprocket on our case 420c looks about 23 inchs in diameter with 23 teeth and it is about the same size as a 310,the fiat allis fl5 are over 25 inchs and 25 teeth so their too big .Unfortunatly there isn't a lot of small crawlers in the area that i know about to look at.I will have to go and vist all my opperisition excavator guys a check out their gear but i'm sure that excavator sprockets are smaller to keep the height down.. I will keep my eyes open and ears to the ground for you .ian.
Thanks Ian, I sold the 310 sprockets early on,& didn't measure them. The 420 might be a possible fit....wonder if weld on rims are available. I'm talking to an old-timer track guy in Melbourne this week...he might be able to help. I asked questions on a few forums,but no answers from most of them.I'll let you know how it ends up. Still waiting for posting rights on the Enthusiast forum...... Jim