Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D7E fan hub bearings

MattR ยท 2012-07-29 17:53

Hi, anyone ever changed fan hub bearings on a D7E? It has an odd assembly where the fan is attached to the radiator with cross braces rather than attached to the engine. I'm sure we'll figure it out, just thought someone may have some tips on it. It looks like it will be more of a pain in the butt than one would think it would be. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1d9gdon2012-07-29 19:33

    Yeah, take the hardnose off and set it on the ground to replace it. Makes it a lot easier. I have the service manual on it. Maybe I should consult the experts in lab coats. I'll be back.

  2. #2MattR2012-07-29 20:34

    Thanks, I appreciate it. I do hope though that your book says we can take off the hood and finagle it through the top. I don't have a book on it yet so I appreciate it. Thanks

  3. #3d9gdon2012-07-29 21:38

    Maybe you can read it. It says you can take it out the top.

  4. #4Old Magnet2012-07-30 00:21

    Check the fan spider, some are two piece.

  5. #5rudy dinamika2012-12-04 10:49

    hai teman.ada yang tau ga code error DW.4.BKB.pada layar monitor bulldozer komatsu D31px-21

  6. #6CM19952012-12-04 19:37

    Welcome to the Forums rudy dinamika. Forum rules state all posts are to be in English, for two reasons. One we are an English speaking forum and that being said, in order to get the information you are looking for with your error code it needs to be in English for our members to offer help.