Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat d8l Eq bar lube

stevenatkinson ยท 2015-03-13 06:03

Hello all Can anyone help me with the lube point location for the centre pin on our D8L EQ bar Cheers

Replies9
  1. #1Cmark2015-03-13 07:13

    From memory there isn't one. Lubed at assembly and that's it.

  2. #2stevenatkinson2015-03-13 07:33

    Huh I spent ages looking for a grease point:beatsme

  3. #3Oxbow2015-03-13 11:02

    I have not been around an L, but as I recall the R's had a grease fitting inside the engine compartment mounted toward the back of the engine on the left side for the equalizer bar. It might be worth a look!

  4. #4kshansen2015-03-13 14:59

    Took a quick look at at least one D8L manual in SIS and the only mention of equalizer bar lube is the end pins. NOTE for those it says only 3 shots with a hand grease gun, power gun will damage seals. Only other reference tothe equalizer bar says to inspect for looseness, if found contact dealer for repairs.

  5. #5alco2015-03-13 16:11

    We had a few D9Ls, and none of them had any arrangement for greasing the center pin on the hardbar.

  6. #6pafarmer2015-03-13 19:28

    No grease point....at original build only...

  7. #7stevenatkinson2015-03-14 04:54

    The end pins are oil filled I know but what oil should I be using

  8. #8fergy2015-03-14 08:31

    Not sure but I don't think you should use chain and bar lube

  9. #9pafarmer2015-03-14 08:35

    Use whatever CAT recommends. Pick up the Telly and make a phone call to your nearest CAT equipment dealer. They will advise you on exactly what to use....