Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat d9h and kamatsu 355

fiat41b ยท 2017-04-29 15:27

I thought the kamatsu d355 was more in line with the fiat 41 I'm not for sure what the actual track pitch is on a d9h or g is but going thru my tractors history file I found papers with tracks from kamatsu d355 my d8k is 9.00 in pitch long time ago was working for a guy lost track pad on d65 lgp went to dealer bought a pad it would not fit as it has cat tracks

Replies6
  1. #1fiat41b2017-04-29 17:01

    sorry its the d455 that's basically same size as 41b vta1710 cummins engine I guess I was just wondering if 355 has same pitch as d9h on the tracks

  2. #2DMiller2017-04-29 19:48

    The rails on a D355 should be 10.25 pitch, 88mm bushing OD where D9G/H uses similar at 10.25 pitch 89mm OD. Could be a direct interchange without sprocket wear.

  3. #3StanRUS2017-04-29 21:29

    Might be issue with roller flanges that requires widening of D9G-H. FA41B trans pinion breakage was issue and steering clutch-brake drum wear (sticky release) after 3,000hrs usage. Komatsu 455, 2 transmissions in 1 case, like ALL larger Komatsu use 8,000hrs and sell!!!!

  4. #4fiat41b2017-04-30 13:44

    ok thx I'm just wondering if my d9 has komatsu rails and pads this ol 9 was in a rental for the past 20 years mostly to the rail road did not get used much I was just reading thru this box of history records that go back to 2004

  5. #5StanRUS2017-04-30 14:23

    Komatsu used a different 'master link', you should be able to ID that way...OR post a photo of the master link used on your D9.

  6. #6fiat41b2017-04-30 16:18

    ok