Hello, While unloading my D-21 I heard a bang on the left. Problem, I have no power to the left track, the right track is ok. Can anyone give me an idea as to what could have broke ? Everything else works as it should. I would really appreciate some ideas as to what might have happened.
Did you figure this one out? I'm not familiar with that machine but I'm curious to know the cause. From what I can find online, the steering on the D21 uses hydraulic pressure to keep the steering clutch engaged. If that is true, could it be that the bang you heard was a hydraulic line busting and therefore not allowing the steering clutch to dis-engage? I guess you would see signs of fluid leaks if this were the case. Now if its like my d65 which only uses hydraulic power to disengage the clutch, then my theory doesn't hold up.....but just trying to help.