I have a 287b when i push joystick forward reverse or side to side, sometimes I get a delayed or no response. Do i need to replace the whole valve body or is it a rebuildable thing.
It is probably the ball resolver on the bottom of the joy stick. It is best to just replace it with the updated one. (1) 282-7760 Shuttle Valve (BALL RESOLVER) (2A) Retention bolt (2B) Six O-ring seals (2C) Alignment pin Note: Install a new 151-4965 Seal Kit in conjunction with installing the new 282-7760 Shuttle Valve (BALL RESOLVER). The seal kit consists of six O-ring seals, an alignment pin, and a retention bolt. Tighten the retention bolt to a torque of 18 ± 2 N·m (13 ± 1.5 lb ft).
do i have to take 5-6 hoses off bottom of handle or can i leave assy in machine while doing this?
Hoses need to come off so mark them. Once the hoses are off it is easier to just remove the whole joy stick.
Ok. I got the seal kits and noticed the springs are different. which springs for inside plungers (right of pic)are forward and reverse, the tight ones or looser ones. Which at the left of picture are for forward and reverse? I know i shoulda paid attention, but i didnt. Help!
I changed the ball resolver to updated one and got all springs back in correct position. Still same problem. machine wont rotate and doesnt like multiple drive functions, straignt and right or straight or left. straight forward and back is fine. There has been no change or improvement since I started rebuilding handle. Any ideas?
Try changing the hydraulic filter
Did you change the ball resolver (#1 in my pic) or the plungers in your pic.
both. i did plungers first (cause ball resolver not in stock) ran it and no change. Took it apart again and did ball resolver and orings, as you suggested, and nothing. How common is a drive motor problem? I did change all fluid and filters not more than 100 hrs ago, problem was same before and after filter change. Tracks are very worn, but i couldn't imgine that they are binding to cause this,
I have seen dozens of ball resolver issues but only one drive motor problem and that caused a miss track.
no, i dont feel its a track problem....either.
I also have a tracking problem with a Cat 277. It has about 1600 hours on it.The track on the right side of the machine seems to pulse as though the brake is trying to apply on that side alone while traveling straight ahead.Also it sometimes fails to go from reverse to forward or forward to reverse without repeatedly going back and forward with the control.Sometimes it also seems that either individual track doesn't make traction while trying to load the bucket.Quite a complicated problem! Any suggestions or help to solve this mystery would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!
my problem ended up to be drive motor. not good.
Thomas Thanks for the reply even though it isn't good news.The way that they make them today with the computer control can certainly make you scratch your head.Having operated and mechaniced on heavy equipment for the last 50 years doesn't seem to count on this new style of control.Thank you again;Thomas Chiado
Is there any way to check the resolver? Have a similar problem with 257b3 delay when turning to the right.
I’m having same problem, I changed plunger seals now no forward drive and left is only very slow. Di the hydraulic hoses hold the resolver assembly to the upper valve assembly? I can’t separate them but my hides are still attached.