Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trash in a SystemOne D6T U/C. Any ideas on a simple way to get it out?

Nemeth8 ยท 2013-12-16 09:46

I have a friend who was asking me if I had any idea on how to get trash out from a U/C. He has been trying to pull, cut, and even burn off all he could but it is still just wrapped up as much as possible. I do not know much about Dozers, but I am trying to learn. So I thought I would bring my problem here (Never posted, but read all the time) and see if anyone else has had the same problem and has an easier solution than taking the tracks apart and laying them down? It is a D6T XW with Systemone U/c. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2013-12-16 10:20

    What type of material exactly is in there and where is it - in the links under the shoes, wrapped around the sprocket or idlers..? The solution will very much depend on the type of material and location.

  2. #2DMiller2013-12-16 10:21

    First off, what kind of 'trash'. if fence, wire, metal pieces it will have to be cut out, if brush or tree debris loosen track, jack it up and unwind what rolled in, DO NOT BURN materials in the rails/rollers. If really trash like at a dump, pull the rails and jack it up as you probably won't first get enough of it out providing it is packed in and second you risk injury/infection from the bacteria in the waste.

  3. #3Bullcat2013-12-16 20:13

    We had a set of rails packed full of garbage on a D7, poked, pried, dug, cut at it every chance we had for a year. Finally got it mostly all out. Hammer and a piece of rebar seemed to work best. Not fun but picking at it now and then kept it from getting overwhelming and it seemed to work some out on its own if you helped it along.