Hey guys I've searched and researched till my eyes are crossed so I'm hoping you can help me. I have a grey market cat 307ssr excavator not running and with the pump removed. I have a 21 gpm pump on my tractor with dual rear auxiliary outputs. Lately I had a couple hoses made up to go from the outputs on the tractor to the wheel motors on the excavator hoping to load it on a trailer. Well all I get is relief valve whine and no movement at all, even tried leaving one side open on the wheel motor and still nothing. So now I think maybe the emergency/parking brake is engaged,there goes my problem. The wheel motor has 2 large lines and one smaller which I assumed was the case drain so I just left it alone. My question is could it be a pilot line to release the brakes and could I put porta power to the smaller line and see. Thanks
Remove the bolts from around the sprockets and let them slip on the hub when you tow it using your tractor.
I like Tones solution I was Going to suggest draining the finals and pulling the planetarys but his solution is less messy.
Before you tow it, get on Youtube and watch a safety film called "Shake Hands With Danger". A runaway with a dead, towed excavator is not something you want to be involved in.
Thanks for the advice guys finally got it loaded and going down the road. Had a bear of a time getting the cover off the final to remove the sun gear and also wasn't much fun pushing it onto the trailer. Got er did now though time to get to work.
Nice.Thanks for sharing. Helpful for me.
The beauty of it is that the internals are kept clean without causing further damage until the machine is moved to a better place for repair. I have had to do this a few times now with my machine. A machine won't run away when you are unloading off a truck if you think through the process first