Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat F-N-R Switch

Clayton M ยท 2009-02-07 20:47

Does anybody know if the Cat's have the F-N-R Switch like the Volvo's? The Volvo's switch is to the right of the bucket controls. Thanks!

Replies8
  1. #1danhoe2009-02-07 21:18

    What is the F-N-R switch ? Dan

  2. #2Clayton M2009-02-07 21:19

    Forward Neutral Reverse

  3. #3Turbo218352009-02-07 22:26

    Are you talking about an alternate direction changer? Meaning you dont have to use the one mounted on the steering wheel. If so, yes, I was in a 938 a few months ago that had a F N R switch on the bucket joystick. I liked the feature, a lot of the other guys hated it, or didnt even realize it was there. We didnt have the machine very long. It was a rental, and about the time we returned it, it was burning 3-4 gallons of oil a day.

  4. #4XL4300X2009-02-17 19:11

    The 930 I run has it right on the joystick. It makes shifts a lot quicker.

  5. #5Turbo218352009-02-17 19:46

    Sure does, until you have a brain fart and try to shift with your left hand. Found this a few times. :Banghead

  6. #6Clayton M2009-02-28 14:46

    Thanks for the answer. I like the one in the Volvo's and just wanted to see if the cats have it.

  7. #7CarterKraft2009-03-12 22:14

    it's a option, that can easily be added as the wiring is there for it.

  8. #806bowtie_guy2009-03-13 22:08

    Having the switch on the stick is awsome. Used a 924 with one, it's nice.