Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat hydraulics

nick.o ยท 2018-01-04 21:40

Ok, so having a similar problem with hydraulics after replacing resolver valves. I have been using machine without any problems until yesterday. i was moving some stumps with the clam and lifting them up to move. one was fairly heavy, and it moved it fine, but shortly after that all loader, clam, lift and curl barely work at all. The hoe works fine except the swing seems slow and stabilizers. Any help would be appreciated. 89 cat 416 serial # 5pc08594

Replies17
  1. #1kshansen2018-01-06 12:50

    Right off I have zero experience with Cat Back-hoes! But if you send me an email address by using the "Start a conversation" option on this site I could send you a "Implement Hydraulic System Testing And Adjusting" for your machine.

  2. #2nick.o2018-01-12 08:50

    I was on the machine and while using front loader I operated the backhoe at the same time and the front end loader would work. Does anyone have any idea what causes that to happen.

  3. #3partsandservice2018-01-12 18:00

    Did you address the resolvers in the bucket valve as well?

  4. #4nick.o2018-01-13 11:02

    I'm going to work on the hoe valve today to make sure no debris blocking resolver. I checked all the front end loader resolvers already, it made zero difference. Thanks for responding, I will update when finished.

  5. #5nick.o2018-01-13 16:25

    Just got through checking and cleaning all primary and secondary resolver valves , no change. Front bucket raise and tilt move a couple inches then stops. Release and actuate again and goes up a couple inches unless actuating hoe at the same time, then front works normally. Stabilizer also works slow but works.

  6. #6Cmark2018-01-13 16:46

    Operate each section of your backhoe valve in turn whilst operating the non-functioning loader. The first section you come to that makes the loader work properly is the section with a faulty resolver.

  7. #7nick.o2018-01-13 18:12

    Would you mind if I call you

  8. #8partsandservice2018-01-13 20:31

    I seem to recall there is another resolver or load sense check valve on the back of each section. The small socket head plug is where it is located. The check ball on this one is not contained in the resolver and can get loose . This is a picture of the of the resolver under the spool cap.

  9. #9nick.o2018-01-13 23:25

    Do you mean the hex

  10. #10nick.o2018-01-13 23:27

    I checked both resolvers on each section

  11. #11partsandservice2018-01-14 12:27

    Sorry about the redundancy, I just saw where you stated had checked all the resolvers. However you still have a load sense issue. There is a flushing procedure to clear debris . Maybe Cmark could give a description of this procedure with his access to et .

  12. #12nick.o2018-01-14 12:53

    I would like to get that procedure, thanks

  13. #13partsandservice2018-01-14 23:13

    There is also a resolver in the inlet section of the loader control valve which is the steering priority valve. The flush procedure is to remove the check ball from the secondary resolver (s) and replace without the check ball then operate the controls , this will flush any debris back to tank that could keep the check ball from seating.

  14. #14nick.o2018-01-15 09:33

    I'll try that next, thank you

  15. #15nick.o2018-02-03 08:45

    Ok, so i flushed the resolver out, no difference.

  16. #16z_halen2018-04-27 01:16

    Any result with this

  17. #17nick.o2018-04-27 10:19

    Ok, finally repaired the problem. All resolvers were changed. I rebuilt the the hoe valves. Found a problem with one of the pressure relief valves. One of the springs in the valve was broken on both ends, and the piston was stuck due to abnormal wear. The broken ends of the spring were not in the valve. Replaced the pressure relief valve when rebuilding the unit. This still didn't resolve the problem. I removed the spooler valve on the pump and disassembled it and cleaned it out, put back on the machine and the machine works great. I think there must of been some filings in the valve and prevented the piston shafts from moving and telling the pump to operate. I want to thank everyone for helping me in this matter.