Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310 SJ Crank seal

Mike Rennette ยท 2018-01-02 23:04

Hello Guys! New to the Site from Vancouver,BC Quotting a Job on front crank seal is leaking around the Cavity, Also the Rear Output Shaft Diff Seal is Leaking. Pulling off balancer, What is best way to remove seal? Most of time drill x2 holes into the seal grab slide hammer to pull seal. Driving seal back in without the Speciality tool from Brandt. What are my options? I have a seal driver kit. But it appears I need to have a Deep socket to drive the new seal in. Any Help would be greatly appreciated guys thx!!

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-01-04 08:51

    Did you get the seal in ? I am not a JD guy but one of them will post some help hopefully. But, I have used deep wall sockets to drive a lot of seals on.

  2. #2Billrog2018-01-04 11:33

    Deep sockets is all I've ever used.

  3. #3Delmer2018-01-04 18:08

    Is this a two piece seal with the wear ring as part of the seal? I've never installed one, but I'd get or make the tool if it wasn't my machine, and test it before putting it all back together if it was my machine.