Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat It 28f to dresser 530 question on bucket size

newdesertfox ยท 2026-07-23 17:11

How big did the 28F buckets normally come? I've got a dresser 530 loader (Army conversion M10A so its weight is actually 37k lb) but I really want to get some buckets for it (specifically a tooth bucket, 4-1, and a side dump ideally) and put a quick coupler on m10sa/530 make it a lot more practical. I saw an auction somewhat close by that has 3 buckets meant to fit a IT28F that are what Im looking for but from what I can tell the 28f was a smaller weaker machine then the 530/M10A and its bucket size was more around 2ish yards where as the dresser was more 2.75-3.5. Is my research correct and Id be annoyingly undersizing my buckets vs what the machine would use?

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2026-07-24 04:49

    The standard range of general purpose buckets (with or without teeth) available for the IT28F range from 2.0-2.6 cu yd heaped. 4-in-1 or side dump buckets would have been custom attachments and smaller in capacity, or at least at the lower end of the quoted range.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2026-07-24 10:04

    Think with the quick coupler added, you should be right close to adequate sizing.

  3. #3newdesertfox2026-07-24 16:42

    Just found some stuff online from dresser, seems like stock they were a size up. I know with the M10A conversion they gain a moderate lifting gain to handle more weight in their forklift configuration and extra 7-10ish k lb of vehicle weight

  4. #4newdesertfox2026-07-24 16:44

    adding an ACS or JRB coupler could really degrade a Z link machine by around a yard of capacity? May change my plans to quick couple the forklift attachment then as I like being able to lift 10k lb. But this is my first wheel loader and it does not look like it would be fun regularly swapping attachments solo with pins

  5. #5newdesertfox2026-07-24 16:49

    Im mostly dealing with heavy clay, shale and tree roots here. seen this rock bucket for sale but I think its closer to a 4-4.5 yard bucket being nearly 12' wide and got all that ribbing so not really super interested as i'd need to do a lot of mods to make it work

  6. #6Welder Dave2026-07-24 20:13

    That bucket is way too big!