Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat paint spray nozzle recommendations

Catguy17 · 2024-10-27 17:54

Hey everyone had a question Ive got some down time at the moment and think im gonna re spray my 289c2 I have access to a industrial sand blaster and I have painted car trucks and Equitment before I would like to use the oem cat paint they sell at the dealers they told me it is also ready to spray my only concern is I can’t seem to find a recommendation on what spray tip nozzle I should use for this primer and paint ? 1.8 for the primer ? And maybe a 1.4 for the top coat or being a construction coating maybe a 1.8 for both? thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Tyler d4c2024-10-27 19:48

    I have a 1.5 in the hvlp i use it does fine. Be sure to use hardener. You can thin it if need be. Thats the thinner and hardener we use

  2. #2Catguy172024-10-27 21:40

    Thanks for the response I thought with the oem cat paint it was ready to spray ? Any reason to add hardener?

  3. #3Tyler d4c2024-10-28 05:23

    You dont have to it just drys faster and makes it harder

  4. #4Legdoc2024-10-28 21:00

    Good job! Going to look like new.