G'day all, I have a question to you blokes in the states. I have just purchased a few bits for a D9L and I was wondering if anyone has got access to the US pricing of this part; # 7G1958 Bearing. Otherewise known as the sleeve that runs inside the cannon. Over here Westrac has it for 3200$ AU. I just was wondering the difference taking into account freight and the exchange rate over here. When I get the bill for all the rest of the bits reqired I will post the numbers and the pricing. Cheers.
7G1958-- $2118.82 US dollar, available in Denver, Co. If ya run across Deas Plant over there tell him Dan said hello
$2985.51 here in Canadian dollars. Be interesting to see what others have to pay.
3000euro here in sweden
Here's a currency converter if you want make an apples-to-apples comparison... http://www.xe.com/ucc/ $3200 Aus = $2577 US, $2976 Can, or 1,833 Euro At 3000 Euro in Sweden they're really proud of their parts!
Some prices from the Midwest Cat Dealers Fabco $2122.83 Patten $2564.43 Altorfer $1960.39 Whayne $2009.40 MacAllister $2111.24
Seems a bit cheaper in the states than over here and in Canada and the ships that go to Sweden must be running on gold. Still havent got the bill for the rest of the parts(maybe it wont turn up - wishful thinking at best!) but when it gets here I will post the rest. Cheers.
Guess we need to get a bigger Banner Ad on the HEF. We have access to this item, New Cat Surplus @ $1575.00, FOB Midwest USA. We're a quite resourceful organization.
i agree with 992g
Are there any good parts places in the us that dont mind shipping to sweden? Some items tend to be very expensive buying from the Cat dealers here and if the shippingtime can be kept down buying overseas is a very viable option.
Gday all I finally got the account.... Ouch! The part mentioned before -I forgot to add the GST which takes it to $3535. I know I can claim it back but it still hurts. All the seals and bearings for the cannon assembly (not including the track adjusters) and track frames is $6601 plus 2 of the parts mentioned before. So then I am up to $9500 and I hardly have started yet. Ahh dozers, what can I say, if I didnt have it I wouldnt have anything to winge about.
G'Day Nextdoor. The 7G1958 bearing (sleeve) you mention above is a mighty large piece, 30kg of highly machined steel. Be very careful fitting it, I have seen this fitted incorrectly in the past & it almost makes a grown man cry to cut it of. Use plenty of liquid nitro....
Do any of ya'll use aftermarket parts? We use aftermarket parts on all of the machines we fix and we never have any problems. Bearings especially, I have noticed, have the same wear patterns as name brand bearings. Along with that, they cost a lot less. That # 7G1958 bearing, I can get for $1,218.71 US dollars aftermarket.
Hello Tractortracs welcome to the forum. We had a very bad time with an aftermarket bearing in the tranny (D9L) causing a total failure of a planet set and the main shaft. Also on an ag tractor ( Case 8910) we had a serious problem with aftermarket trans filter causing a filter housing to split. ( this happenned twice) So the cost of these failures was a lot more than the cost of the genuine parts. I know that not all aftermarket parts are bad (most are very good) but now I just like to play it safe.
Were those parts from Cutting edges?