Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hough Dresser TD7 w/ 6 way Blade

ayrhead ยท 2009-06-28 17:15

Hello to Everyone: I am trying to locate a Service Manual for our newly acquired dozer. I think it is the C Series as it has an International 4 Cylinder Diesel Engine in it. I'm trying to find one that has already been put into Adobe *.pdf format and hopefully for free. If not, then if someone has the manual, I am willing to borrow it and scan it into the computer so that it will be put into Adobe *.pdf format. That way anyone with a TD7 will be able to get one for Free. Looking forward to any responses.....Harry

Replies100
  1. #1jakesdad2009-06-30 20:17

    You try manualsplus.com it is company that specialize in manuals. I think they are out of Finksburg ,MD. Good Luck!

  2. #2ayrhead2009-07-01 08:45

    Thanks for the info. Right now we are trying to find out the capacities chart so that we know what type of oils and fluids the machine takes as well as how much of each fluid. I've been doing some searching but have not found out the information thus far. The Ser.# is 4410016U004157 Harry

  3. #3ayrhead2009-07-08 19:53

    I've located the manuals Hi Everyone: Ordered the manuals through binderbooks.com. Should be recieving them in 10 days. I will probably be transferring them over to *.pdf format. It will take me about 2 weeks to do. If anyone out there needs a manual for the TD7-E let me know and I will try to get you a copy. Harry

  4. #4bhsmedley2009-07-09 15:58

    Been looking for a maual for a TD7G. Did you happen to noitice a manual for that in your search? Thanks

  5. #5rwatkins2009-07-09 18:23

    If you want to keep me in mind, we got a td7e but no manual. Thanks rob

  6. #6ayrhead2009-07-09 21:48

    td7g I think if you try www.binderbooks.com and give them a call they will have the manual that you are looking for. Harry

  7. #7ayrhead2010-10-17 11:43

    Hi Everyone: I finally have the manual done in *.pdf format. Anyone lokking for a copy let me know and I'll send you a copy. Harry

  8. #8Tarpley2011-02-18 22:16

    Hi Harry, Could I please get a copy? My e-mail is [email protected]

  9. #9Tabasco2011-03-05 19:26

    Harry, First time poster here and I need a manual for my TD7E real bad. Would you be so kind as to send me a copy? My email is [email protected] Thanks a bunch

  10. #10chadf3502011-03-20 15:31

    i have a td7e dozer am putting some steering brake shoes and discs on it but i can't figure out what kind of fluid it takes in the differental and the final drive and how much each one holds i have a repair manual but couldn't find that information in it if you could help me that would be great thanks chad my email is [email protected]

  11. #11ayrhead2011-03-20 19:34

    Hi Chad: MY TD7E Operator's Manual says the Trqansmission and Torque Converter takes 28 qts. of IH Hy-Tran Fluid, The Transmission takes 24 qts. of IH Hy-Tran Fluid and the Rear Frame takes 42 Qts. of IH Hy-Tran Fluid. The Sprocket Drive Each housing takes 10 qts. MPL-IH Grade 135H EP or MIL-L-2105B Grade 140 at +120F to +20F or Grade 90 at +70F to -10F or Grade 80 at +10F to -30F Hydraulic System takes 10 gals. w/o the backhoe of IH Hy Tran Fluid and 14.4 gals. with the backhoe. Hope that helps you out. Harry

  12. #12chadf3502011-03-24 13:47

    yes that helps alot thank you so much if you get a chance i would really like to have a copy of the operator's manual thanks chad

  13. #13ayrhead2011-03-24 16:45

    Hi Again Chad: E-mail me your mailing address and I'll stick one in the mail for you. Harry

  14. #14JimInOz2011-03-24 22:26

    HI Harry, I'd appreciate a copy too. I might have some TD7 Brochures I can send in return. Regards, Jim [email protected]

  15. #15ayrhead2011-03-25 08:35

    Hi Jim: Should not be a problem send me your e-mail address and I'll put it in the mail. Harry

  16. #16g_man2011-04-22 19:49

    I am looking at a TD7G and would love to get a copy of your manual. This will be my first dozer if I buy it. The manual would be very helpful. Since I am a brand new member I can't use the mail system yet so I don't know the best way. I plan on using the TD7G to keep my woods roads open in the winter for my tractor and winch. Hopefully it is up to this but I am not sure.

  17. #17ayrhead2011-04-22 22:02

    Hi G_man: Please send me your e-mail address. Put it into a reply post. Thanks Harry

  18. #18dqdomi2011-05-04 09:13

    Td7-E manuels, hi Ayrhead ! Love that tag... I was wondering if you could send me a copy of the manuels please??? Thanks in advance. My e-mail address is [email protected] ...

  19. #19Jetfab2011-07-05 11:33

    Hello Harry, Is there a chance I could get a copy of the manual/s you have on the Dresser TD7E. [email protected] Thanks

  20. #20rogertee2011-08-14 18:55

    Hi Harry, Could I please get a copy? My e-mail is; [email protected]

  21. #21arabconstruct2011-08-14 21:20

    I have an equipment like that and I lost my manual...Can I have a one copy of that also? Medical Office Design

  22. #22ayrhead2011-08-18 12:47

    Hi Rogertee: I responded to your e-mail. I have not rec'd a response from you yet. If you are still interested just send me your mailing address via e-mail Take Care Harry

  23. #23ayrhead2011-08-18 13:03

    Hello Arabconstruct: I need you to send me your e-mail address and then I can contact you to explain how to get the manuals. Harry

  24. #24mojoman2011-08-19 19:22

    I'm looking for a manual also. I have a td7e dozer. Could you please send one out to me. Thanks John [email protected]

  25. #25lemichaelj2011-08-31 14:33

    looking for a copy of the TD7 Manual I was wondering if anyone could send me a copy of this TD7 Repair Manual, I am more than willing to reimburse you for your trouble through paypal. If anyone can help please send an email to [email protected] thanks in advance

  26. #26jms10582011-09-01 19:41

    Hello Herry. I just purchased a 1980 Dresser DT-7E dozer and I need a manual. If possible could you send one to me. I will reimburse any cost. Thanks Kindly Jim [email protected]

  27. #27gbo2011-09-07 14:46

    I would also like copy of the manual. Thanks in advance!!! [email protected]

  28. #28m woodfield2011-09-15 19:31

    need a manual Could i get a copy of manual? [email protected] Thanks!

  29. #29m woodfield2011-09-15 20:28

    I found this thread through Google while looking for info on fluid types for our TD7. Thanks for posting the info and all the help the contributors give!

  30. #30jschmuck2011-09-18 12:55

    I am looking at buying a 100E which is the loader version of the TD7E from what I understand. Could you please send me a copy of the manual if possible. It would at the very least give the info that I need to figure out what I should be looking for prior to buying. My experience with dozers has been limited to one John Deere 1010C. We are in the process of clearing some bush to construct a new yard site. Later I will have to build a road, dig a basement, land scape, etc. The 1010C is a little small and has so much pin,bushing wear that I have no doubt that it would be easy to tie a knot with them. The only way to keep them on is to over tighten them. Any ways I am rambling again. Thanks in advance for your help.

  31. #31jschmuck2011-09-18 12:58

    Forgot to put in my address [email protected]

  32. #32ayrhead2011-09-18 19:21

    Glad I can help you out. We really like our TD7E and I hope yours serves you as well as ours serve us. It is truly a great little workhorse.

  33. #33ayrhead2011-09-18 19:26

    Well, we really, really like our TD7E. Hopefully these manuals will be able to help you in your decision making process. Looking forward to hearing from you. Harry

  34. #34TD7user2011-10-19 13:43

    New to this site but noticed you have available manuals for the Dresser TD7E. Please let me in on how to get one. I love my little dozer but don't have a manuel yet.

  35. #35ayrhead2011-10-19 17:28

    Hi TD7user: Send me your email address and I'll let you know what to do. Harry

  36. #36TD7user2011-10-20 11:16

    Harry, My email address is [email protected] . Thanks Michael

  37. #37daverock2011-10-20 17:35

    hi harry im a diesel mechanic in tomahawk wi at scaffidi truck center and my boss brought in his td-7e to have me do some work on it. i could really use a manual for it and would really appreciate if you could help me out. my email is [email protected] thanks alot for your help

  38. #38cootbruce2011-10-26 07:30

    Hi Harry, If your offer to send manuals for the TD7 is still open...would you please send on my way? Address is [email protected] Thanks!

  39. #39ayrhead2011-11-24 10:49

    Hi Everyone: I'm no longer offering this option as the last 4 requests that I responded to and sent out the DVD's to have literally stiffed me. No need to mention names as they know who they are. I don't mind helping people out by sharing material but the only compensation I was looking for was $5.00 per transaction which covered mailing, a DVD, Burning the data etc....It's pretty sad when the so called owners can't even honour mailing me back the fee. I originally purchased all the manuals took the time to scan all the data, index the manuals etc.... Sorry for anyone else who would like these manuals. I wish it could be uploaded to this site and then everyone who wanted it could get a copy through the forum. Unfortunately the total file sizes are 1.92 Giga Bites. It is just way too large to upload. I purposely scanned the pages at a high pixel rating so there would be excellent quality. Sorry once again to anyone who still wants the DVD, But I'm not going to keep sending the DVD's out and keep spending money and then not be reimbursed my expenses. Take Care everyone and happy dozing Ayrhead AKA Harry

  40. #40beezerbub2011-12-04 13:00

    Hi Ayrhead, I am in need of a manual for my 1976 International TD7E. I want to check the drive suction screens and other. The manual would be much appreciated. Thanks In Advance, Beezer

  41. #41beezerbub2011-12-04 13:06

    Just posted the above request THEN saw the recent 11/24 post regarding "no more manuals". Can anyone send me something that may help. My drive has become week lately and the first thing I want to check is the suction screens but need to know where to look. Perhaps a page from the manual or a picture or something. Beezer

  42. #42g_man2011-12-04 16:18

    You might want to check out this thread. GrimLock posted some pics of the screens he found near the end. I have a TD7G it has a suction filter canister with 4 small bolts under the floor boards on the rt side under the brake rod. Don't know if the E is the same. How is your pressure filter ? Fuel and air filters ? HeavyEquipmentForums I would also start a new thread. More people will see it and be more help than me. I am new to dozers.

  43. #43beezerbub2011-12-04 22:13

    Thanks g_man. I will pull the floor panels off this week, those pics look familiar with regard to what I remeber under there. Am changing all filters as well. I will start a new thread. Is the pressure filter the one under the gear selector in front of the battery?

  44. #44g_man2011-12-05 09:22

    That is where mine is - in the battery compartment. Long bolt on the bottom. If you have the suction filter it is about 3" or 4" in diameter with a wire screen inside. The heads of four 1/4" bolts looking up at you. A little hard to reach and don't drop them or they are gone

  45. #45ayrhead2011-12-05 09:47

    Hi Beezer: I'll have a look in the manual and see if I can find what you are looking for then e-mail you the pages if you want. Send me your e-mail address please and I'll see what I can do for you. Ayrhead

  46. #46beezerbub2011-12-05 22:06

    Ayr-head, I would appreciate it. Apparently I have the model with the strainer underneath. Anything describing the transmission hi pressure strainer\filter service for 1974 TD7 E series would help. Email is [email protected] . Thanks Beezer

  47. #47lpdave2011-12-05 22:38

    Not sure?

  48. #48ayrhead2011-12-06 11:53

    I'm looking now. Seeing what I can find.

  49. #49jkdb2012-03-27 17:05

    Hi there , we have a TD-7 we have replaced injection pump on , but can not get the timing right , if you could please send me a copy of your manuals , it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

  50. #50ayrhead2012-03-27 19:57

    HI JKDB: Send me your e-mail address and I'll see what I can do for you. Harry

  51. #51jkdb2012-03-28 09:53

    Thank you , my email is [email protected]

  52. #52desertfox2012-08-21 22:11

    I would be glad to pre-pay you whatever price you need for a copy of this manual. Let me know p.k.herrman at gmail dot com

  53. #53desertfox2012-08-21 22:18

    I would be glad to pre-pay you whatever price you need for a copy of this manual. Let me know p.k.herrman at gmail dot com

  54. #54infoleather2012-08-29 00:46

    I just purchased a 1980 Dresser bulldozer DT-7E, I need a manual. If possible, you can put a give me.

  55. #55Durt2012-10-12 19:54

    We have been selling IH Dresser Hough Dressta dozers and loaders for over 35 years .... We can help with books and parts etc.... www.cpecanada.com

  56. #56Rniday2013-06-02 14:51

    I need a manual for TD7E please email to me or let me know how to get one. Thanks. Richard Niday [email protected]

  57. #57ayrhead2013-06-28 14:02

    Hi Everyone: I have managed to find a website where I have been able to upload the files. This will allow you to download the TD7E directly to your computer. It is a FREE download. There are a total of 6 downloads. The link to the first download is here: http://uploading.com/56fc4333/TD7E-Parts-pdf This is the Parts Manual for the TD7E. I was NOT ABLE to index the manual. The rest of the manuals are all indexed so you don't have to scroll through the enite manual you can just click on the index on the left and it will take you to where you want to go. If you want the other 5 manuals e-mail me and I will send you the required links. :beerchug Cheers! Ayrhead

  58. #58ayrhead2013-07-04 23:33

    Hi Everyone: enite should be 'entire'. Sorry for the typo Ayrhead

  59. #59black60church2013-07-14 21:45

    where do you buy the ih hy- tran fluid, i have a td7g dresser

  60. #60Iron@Dirt2013-07-16 20:33

    Case ag dealers sell the latest version of hy-tran (plus, then ultra) if that is what you need in yours.

  61. #61ayrhead2013-07-17 09:07

    Hi. We went to a local tractor dealer and bought a universal hytran fluid. Hoe that helps you out. Ayrhead

  62. #62Medic8872014-11-02 10:15

    Need one page in service manual I was wondering if anyone can send me a picture or PDF of section 7 page 4 in the service manual for a td7e. I have the manual but am missing that page. Thanks, Mark [email protected]

  63. #63Medic8872014-11-02 15:51

    Two questions, can anyone tell me how many gallons the transmission holds? And where is the suction tube located? The issue I am having is when it is cold it will barely move forward and backward, if I keep moving it forward and backward it eventually seems like it catches or something, it then operates normally for the rest of the time unless I turn it off for more than an hr then it does the same thing. I have changed the high pressure filter and cleaned the suction screen, when I cleaned the screen only about 4 gallons came out. I seem to remember seeing that it holds 7 gallons but I am not sure. Thanks in advance, Mark

  64. #64Medic8872014-11-02 15:54
  65. #65ayrhead2014-11-02 19:26

    Ok. Sent you the page you requested as well as the TD7E capacities page as well Hope that helps you out Harry

  66. #66Medic8872014-11-02 21:07

    That was the page I needed thank you

  67. #67ayrhead2014-11-03 00:07

    Gotta keep the TD7E running!:canada:beerchug

  68. #68adajim2014-11-19 12:19

    copy of manual Did you get the manuals into pdf and can I get a copy from you? Let me know How much Thanks. Adajim [email protected]

  69. #69adajim2014-11-19 12:26

    td7e manual I would like a copy too,if still available. I will gladly reimburse for your expenses/ Jim Burke 5270 Connemara CT SE Ada, MI 49301

  70. #70ayrhead2014-11-19 12:42

    Hi Jim: I'll e-mail you shortly.

  71. #71Durt2014-11-20 19:03

    I would be happy to get a pdf version of the manual ..please... [email protected]

  72. #72Durt2014-11-20 19:05

    I was always told series 3 10w oil in the transmission and hydraulics.. 80-90 in the final drive...been doing that for almost 30 years now

  73. #73ayrhead2014-11-21 09:08

    Here is The specification Page out of the operator's manual. Also tells you the type of fluids to use...

  74. #74ayrhead2014-11-21 09:11

    Hi Durt: I sent you an e-mail in regards to the manuals. Cheers:beerchug:canada

  75. #75fyxy772015-09-28 17:12

    Newbie from London On Hey guys,just got my new to me TD7 and looking for a manual,can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? I will pay for it even pick it up if its close enough.By the way so far I love the dozer just needs little attention.thanks in advance.Florin

  76. #76ayrhead2015-09-29 09:01

    Hi Florin: You are not too far from me. I may be in London tomorrow. shoot me your email address please and I will respond to it. Cheers :beerchug

  77. #77bobcat12015-09-29 09:47

    I just picked up a TD8e on Friday and saw this thread last night. Just a couple of small items to fix to get it up and running. I was wondering if the 7e manual works for this machine as well? I am just outside of Grand Bend. Thanks Andy:canada:beerchug

  78. #78Durt2015-09-29 10:43

    I can get you the manuals if you would like. I can get service and parts manuals for the engine and the chassis.. TD7.. is it a C or E model or a G model?

  79. #79ayrhead2015-09-29 11:03

    Hi Andy: The Chassis Service Manual says it covers TD7 and TD8 C and E models... The engine Service Manual covers models 155,179,206,239,269,310 and 358 series International Diesel Engines... The Operators Manual is for the TD 7 E Series. If you give me your email address I'll respond to let you know what to do or maybe we can meet as we are both in Ontario. Cheers :beerchug Harry

  80. #80ayrhead2015-09-29 11:07

    Hi Florin: I may be in London tomorrow and have the manuals you are looking for. ?If you send me your e-mail address I will respond and then we can figure out where to possibly meet. Cheers :beerchug

  81. #81fyxy772015-09-29 14:56

    Hi ,thanks Ayrhead that would be absolutely awesome.Shoot me an e-mail pls and we can go from there,thanks . [email protected]

  82. #82tvtrader2016-03-07 10:48

    Hello Harry, I could sure use a copy of those manuals also. If you are still willing to send those out I would really appreciate it and would gladly reimburse you for your costs. My email is [email protected] . Thanks!

  83. #83Willie B2016-03-07 20:39

    Hi. I'm TD7G I have all the applicable manuals for mine bought from Finney, and some parts. I have 2 friends (cousins) each has a TD7E. Best I can see is they differ in that one has an IH engine, the other has a Cummins. I'll help if I can. Willie

  84. #84ayrhead2016-03-14 11:57

    Hi Tvtrader: I sent you an email. Looking forward to hearing from you to see if I can help you out. Cheers :drinkup Harry

  85. #85nateRiley2016-04-05 19:30

    hey harry, was wondering if i could get a copy of the manual. i have a td7g but all track system is out of a td7e i have heard are fairly different. my email is: [email protected] thanks very much

  86. #86ayrhead2016-04-06 10:52

    I will send you an email Cheers

  87. #87Willie B2016-04-06 12:15

    The TD7E had either a 6" pitch,(distance between pin centers) or 6.5". They list a 15" wide, or optional offset 17" shoe. Mine has 16"shoes. My undercarriage is aftermarket manufacturer, an expert feels it was ordered to fit a TD8G. It caused the inside of the shoes to scrub the angle hydraulic cylinders.

  88. #88ayrhead2016-04-24 09:26

    Our machine is 'running like a top' still. Mind you we don't use it much but it sure is nice to have it available when we do need it. :drinkup Cheers

  89. #89bobcat12016-04-24 15:35

    Hey, thanks for the copy of the manual. We have about 40 hours on the dozer now. I have been looking for a 125 crawler loader but no luck. Found a 555A John Deere , got it running and have to go pick it up this week. Now the next round of fun begins. :thumbsup

  90. #90Willie B2016-04-24 19:56

    I hope you don't need any parts for the triple nickel John Deere.

  91. #91bobcat12016-04-24 22:00

    Just had put in 2 batteries and redo cables from batteries down to the starter. Might have one hose to replace. Will have to find the ROPS for it. Other than that everything is good.

  92. #92Willie B2016-04-26 08:20

    I wouldn't be surprised if the ROPS structures are one size fits several. The testing they must undergo is a big deal. They don't make a tractor specific ROPS unless they have to. Likely one will fit other tractors of similar weight. REMEMBER, A ROPS IS WORSE THAN NO ROPS IF YOU DON'T USE YOUR SEAT BELT. My mother's brother was killed when his crawler flipped. I've met several loggers who have flipped crawlers wearing seat belts. They have great stories to tell. Willie

  93. #93bobcat12016-04-26 08:43

    I think the 450s had the same size. Yes, seat belts will be added.

  94. #94Trivitspoultry2018-05-31 21:47

    This thread has been dormant for a while but I wondered if I could get a pdf of that Td7e manual sent to: [email protected]

  95. #95Willie B2018-06-01 07:30

    I have a manual I bought from Finney. It covers TD7, and 8, E, G, And track loaders 100, and 125.

  96. #96james suttles2018-07-26 13:04

    Hello Harry, I have purchased a Dresser td7 and I would like to get a copy of your manuals thanks [email protected]

  97. #97ayrhead2018-09-06 18:20

    I'll send you an e-mail

  98. #98Clintonccag2018-10-07 13:45

    hello Harry could I get a copy of the td7e pre 84 manual thanks Clint [email protected]

  99. #99ayrhead2018-10-07 16:54

    Hello: Thanks for your enquiry. I sent you an email to your gmail account Harry

  100. #100ayrhead2018-10-07 16:57

    I sent you an email