Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat th360b 2005

Nevrepair · 2025-04-08 02:52

Hi all Looking for abit of guidance Currently the machine only has tilt and steering functions within the hydraulics system None of the joystick controls or jacks will work Have so far tried Removing hydraulic disable solenoid in rear valve chest (updated version with plastic cover ) tested with 12v and it opens closes similar to other ones in the transmission However I do not have a 12v supply which comes from the ecu , I have ground supply at this point I have ran continuity test from following Supply wires to this solenoid both check out from relevant ecu pins Have checked the wires 2 the switch which seems to supply a ground to the ecu again seems good Have checked the switch again good Checked fuses and power supply to each relay 2 of hydraulic relays seems to be for switched grounds I have fault codes 039 1826 00 A039 1826 02 039 1251 08 039 0811 09 039 0271 04 A039 0271 05 039 0490 02 039 1127 02 039 1128 02 039 1658 02 039 1189 02 039 1930 05 039 1823 03 039 1824 03 039 1401 05 039 1405 05 039 1406 05 039 1410 05 A039 0246 12 036 1684 11 Anything iv missed or should try ? Will test resistance of the rear solenoid today and report back Thanks in advance surely I can’t be so unlucky as to have 2 ecus condemned in one week

Replies17
  1. #1Nevrepair2025-04-08 02:58

    Just to confirm the other ecu is in a different machine volvo 140 digger incase you thought it was this

  2. #2Nige2025-04-08 10:57

    You posted a long list of Codes. Do you know which ones are Active.? To me it looks like 3 of them but you may have simply written stuff down wrong. Also if you post a Serial Number that might help in locating technical information. "Cat TH360B 2005" doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. With a S/N identified there are Service Manuals available to download from the Cat/JLG support site. that will include electrical schematics.

  3. #3Nevrepair2025-04-08 10:59

    Serial number is catth360vsle03399 Thanks

  4. #4Nevrepair2025-04-08 11:03

    Currently I have checked resistance in disable solenoid which is 9.8 ohms I also switch it with the diff lock one again no joy I have no power supply to energise this solenoid from the ecu pin 2 wire no. G962 Even if I feed 12v into this I can hear it open solenoid but still have no controls for boom& jacks

  5. #5Nige2025-04-08 11:12

    Still need the answer on what Codes out of that long list are Active. Do you have an electrical schematic.?

  6. #6Nevrepair2025-04-08 11:16

    Hi again Yes have a schematic diagram From my understanding the active codes are the ones with “A” at the beginning A039 1826 02 A039 0271 05 A039 0246 12

  7. #7Nige2025-04-08 11:23

    100% correct. You have a better understanding than most. I just wanted to make sure you had written the list down right and not left out an "A" from another Code somewhere. I'm not sure if the three Active Codes are to do with your problem but the 246-12 for lack of communication could potentially be a factor. See attached.

  8. #8Nevrepair2025-04-08 11:35

    Yes I believe your correct in saying this also as the longitudinal strain sensor & action alarm are both disconnected and not functioning in my ownership of the machine circa 2 yrs I will try testing the loom relating to 0246 12 fault code And post results hopefully shortly

  9. #9Nevrepair2025-04-08 11:59

    Looking for a little guidance on disconnect the can a line I have removed the ecm connectors and the 2 larger block connectors from the rear valve chest and also disable solenoid do I also need to disconnect the valve chest at the front for jacks and is there anything else ?

  10. #10Nige2025-04-08 12:07

    I haven't looked at the schematic but basically you have to disconnect every component that has a CAN A connection. The truncated schematic that is shown on the troubleshooting procedure sometimes doesn't necessarily give the whole picture. Question: Have you measured the resistance of the CAN circuit.?

  11. #11Nevrepair2025-04-09 08:46

    Hi nige Back again the loom seems to be passing all the test mentioned in the repair manual phs valve is also getting required grounds and lives etc

  12. #12Nige2025-04-09 11:21

    I'm in uncharted territory here I'm afraid. I haven't been around this class of machine much. Have you measured the resistance of the CAN circuit to check that the two terminating resistors are both present and correct.? That step is not in the 246-12 test procedure. If you disconnect the ECM J2 connector and measure across Pins 67 & 68 you should get a result of 60 ohms. Outside of that in order to check the quality of the signal over the CAN network really needs an oscilloscope.

  13. #13Nevrepair2025-04-09 11:24

    Yes getting 59 ohms on this

  14. #14Nevrepair2025-04-09 11:25

    I have however found hairline cracks in the insulation of can wires just on edge of the plugs could thus cause interference?

  15. #15Nige2025-04-09 11:27

    Anything is possible I suppose. I’m sorry I just don’t have any practical experience to give you a yes or no.

  16. #16Nevrepair2025-04-13 07:20

    Update machine now sorted turned out to be a ground that was loosing contact when the load came on , these grounds are underneath the cab onto main chassis

  17. #17Nige2025-04-13 09:10

    Glad to hear you got it sorted.