Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT Twenty Two

92U 3406 ยท 2020-03-25 11:33

I'll preface this thread by saying this machine will likely never run/operate again. More of a curiosity. This particular dozer is pretty much a display piece only. We tried moving it the other day but it appears both tracks are locked. Even in neutral, played with all the controls etc. Drive sprockets move just enough to take up powertrain backlash. I'm suspecting the brakes are seized but really none of us really know how to operate this dozer, what the levers/pedals do etc. Is there something simple we missed? Like I said we have no intention of ever starting or operating the dozer, I'm just curious if maybe we missed something.

Replies4
  1. #1Blocker in MS2020-03-25 21:11

    Pictures!! Please please please!!

  2. #2RZucker2020-03-25 21:26

    I had to move an old HD 21 that had been sitting in water and had rusted the pins and bushings together. A 992 loader got it moving but the tracks suffered some severe damage when the bushings turned in the links.

  3. #392U 34062020-03-25 21:30

    It ran and drove when we picked it up a few months ago. We just finally got around to putting it in the reception area. Blocker, I don't have any pics but will try and remember to grab some next week when I'm back at work.

  4. #4Blocker in MS2020-03-26 22:36

    Thanks 92U! I look forward to seeing them!