Got a 950 the brake pedals feel like there is nothing behind them and the parking braking release button is stuck out and will not stay engaged. Not sure where to start. Pressure light is flashing as well as the parking braking light
Test for pressure in the service brakes. Procedure attached. If you find nothing then it's either something in the system after the pump, or the pump itself.
I will look into this thanks. Going to get it brought to the shop for diagnosis . Maybe I will change hydraulic filter as well. I hope it is not the brake pump as I have changed it before
If you’re bringing it into the shop, do yourself a favor and get a diagnostic kit that includes CAT ET, it’ll read your brake pressure, parking brake status, and the exact fault causing the pressure light on a 950 This one has CAT ET already set up and can diagnose that brake issue fast: Diesel Laptop Diagnostic Kit – CF-54 Toughbook + Nexiq 3 – Cummins, Detroit, CAT – 2026 Edition - Diesel Scanners & Laptops Diesel Diagnostic Scan Tool for CF-54 Toughbook with Nexiq 3. Full dealer-level diesel diagnostics, regens, tuning, parameters, and aftertreatment controls. Works on Cummins, Detroit, CAT, Paccar, Volvo, International & more. No subscriptions. 3-year warranty + 60-day money-back guarantee truckscanners.com Saves a lot of guesswork on these machines.
Welcome to the Forums. Are you affiliated with truck scanners.com?
I’ve got a laptop with ET still a little green on it
Now’s your chance to learn then. First thing I suggest is to hook up to the machine and download a Product Status Report in pdf format. See the video below that explains the procedure. Pay special attention around the 6-min mark. Once you have the PSR then post it up.
no i just purchased from them.
i got buddy of mine had the same thign done, send photo ill share it with him see if he can help
A quick skim through that PSR and I see nothing that is brake-related. Time to go back a few posts and break out the pressure gauges I reckon.
Late response for this machine but took the filter off and here’s what I’ve found. Any recommendations to clean the oil? Prime suspect is the brake and fan pump. I believe this is brass inside the filter. A picture is hard to see it
Fresh oil in the system then hook up a kidney loop dialysis machine to the tank and dialyse the bejasus out of it until the particle count gets somewhere close to acceptable would be my call. Any self-respecting dialysis machine these days will have a built-in particle counter. An Ultra High Efficiency filter element (if one exists) might be an idea. What filter Part Number is in it right now.?
225-4118 cat filter
A UHE Part Number for 225-4118 doesn’t jump to mind immediately. It may take me a while to answer that question because currently my laptop is dead.
Only on the brake ? How's the steering ? In my thought , the brake pump is use for the steering too on 950h