Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat140M AWD’s spring time gravel road work thread

Cat 140M AWD ยท 2014-04-22 20:37

I figured I'd share what I'm doing with my gravel roads this spring I'm discing shoulders right now here is a few pics of the disc and what it does work great in my opinion I can cover a whole township in 13hrs I will have more pictures to come.

Replies6
  1. #1Colorado Digger2014-04-24 02:52

    Nice work, Thanks for the fotos. CD

  2. #2Cat 140M AWD2014-05-07 00:12

    Got a few more pictures of me pulling in all the material i dissed up 2weeks ago

  3. #3Cat 140M AWD2014-05-07 22:49

    Was pulling shoulders in on a couple of miles today gave the blade a good workout today. View attachment 118352

  4. #4I AM IRONMAN2014-05-07 23:57

    That's a fine looking road Grader Man! Looks like you've been getting some practice shaping that road.:notworthy I have been told that the disc's are a thing of the past, but it looks like about the best way to straighten out the shoulder, from what I can see. I hope you still have your wing close by, they say SD might be getting some heavy snow the next couple of days, I'd love to see that 6 wheel drive work in a snow storm.

  5. #5Cat 140M AWD2014-05-08 08:35

    Thanks Ironman I've ben getting lots of seat time this spring lots of work to be done I won't need my wing down here suppose to be all rain you might need it out there though lol I really like using that shouldering disc cuts all the material up makes it so much easier to work with. ya know the windrow is big when ya got to get on the other side of it to pick it up.

  6. #6Cat 140M AWD2014-05-09 20:06

    Was pulling up the shoulders I disced up for on Twp took a few pics of me doing what I do best