Time to add a skidsteer to the fleet. Looking at some low hour used equipment. (under 800hrs) The machines spec out pretty close. I've considered vertical vs. radial lift... (not partial to either) The machine will be used to move pallets of materials (3,000lbs. max) around job sites, move piles of dirt, crush rock, running the odd attachment etc. (read landscape construction) Loading trucks isn't a huge concern as I have couple of excavators. I'll probably end up getting some rubber/over tire tracks to deal with sloppy conditions. A CTL would be ideal but after getting burned on a CT322 it's left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. The CTls just don't seem to get the hours w/o major services... I need something that's versatile, coast effective and with proper maintenance and operator care will last.... Thoughts?
Have a look for a case Sr/sv 220 or 250, tier 3. If switching from iso to H pattern isn't a big issue, then get mechanical controls, (which will be H pattern). There should be plenty of the tier 3 machines available. In Canada you can still get brand new tier 3 machines still from case (meaning no def, and no dpf) The sr220 is only rated for 2200lbs, and the cat 246c is also rated at 2200lbs. Most common one in my area is the sv/sr 250, rated at 2500lbs.