I have a 2019 CAT 279D and the continuous flow ICON does not appear on the operator screen. The icon does not appear when I push the continuous flow button on the ride side of the cab. Then you are supposed to engage the wheel on right joystick. Steps: (per cat) parking brake off, push continuous flow switch, Icon is supposed to flash for continuous flow ready mode, then roll thumb wheel forward and hold until icon stops flashing and continuous flow is on. Any ideas on what to check in electrical since the ICON won't even appear. I checked all the fuses in the cab already and cleaned them then took relays out cleaned them as well. Thanks so much !!
Let's see if we can get this thread moved to the correct section so that more of the right people will see it. Your 279D is NOT a track loader, it is a Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loader that rightfully belongs in the Compact Equipment section.
Thank you!!
Ok, so we got it moved. Thank you mods. Do you have a multimeter capable of testing duty cycle.? The thumbwheel roller on your D-Series is a PWM-type position sensor and the first thing to do is to test whether or not it's actually doing anything. Also please post a Serial Number to help with locating detailed diagnostic information. Model years mean nothing where Yellow Iron is concerned. I can see 10 different models of 279D.
HeavyEquipmentForums
Thank you. Will try it this weekend!!
Serial gtl06895 Thanks
Do you have an Operation & Maintenance Manual for it.? There might just be a paper copy in the pocket on the back side of the operator seat. If not you are looking for Cat Publication SEBU9084. Here's a genuine one in CD format on eBay for $70. https://www.ebay.com/itm/313726772833
Thanks. I do have the manual.
I finally made it to Yancy. The continuous flow issue was simple. It was never enabled thru the CAT SW so it would not turn on. They enabled it and works like a champ now. tks for the advice as well.