Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT420D Fuel primer kit

La Strada Ranch ยท 2020-05-12 12:11

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has the schematics for the replacement of the CAT420D Fuel Primer Kit. Looking at the part and machine it seems very logical and straight forward but, since this is my first time to do this I thought I should check it out first. Thanks for any replies. My machine is CAT0420DVMBH00153. I already have the correct kit....just wanted the instructions.

Replies1
  1. #1heymccall2020-05-12 14:33

    It's all straight forward. Pinch off supply hose. Mark all the hoses and remove. Unplug 2 pin connector. Rotate and unthread pump retainer ring (which is captive to the pump). Lift off pump take note of perimeter seal ring. Unbolt two mounting bolts. Swap fittings from old housing to new. Now, with all of that said, why? If pump failed electrically, pump only can be bought aftermarket, vs buying whole assy. $ vs $$$ If pump runs, clean out the inlet port after full disassembly. Debris gets trapped between the inlet fitting and the concentric outer filter stem.