Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 287B operating and service manual needed.

brud76 · 2014-01-18 20:56

Just purchased a 2007 Cat 287b XPS machine upgrade from a 2003 277 model wondered if anyone has a operations or service manual. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies18
  1. #1cag3102019-11-15 10:17

    I have the same request as this older post.. I just bought a 287B machine. Is there anyone out there with an electronic file that would mind sending me the operator's, service or parts manuals? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Chuck from PA

  2. #2Nige2019-11-15 12:53

    It really needs a Serial number in order to take you straight to the correct manual. Part Manuals and Operation & Maintenance Manuals can be downloaded on Adobe pdf format from Cat Publications web site for less than $150 the pair. Go to: - https://catpublications.com/ When the popup appears click on "Continue as Guest" Put your machine Serial Number (or at least the S/N prefix) in the box at the top of the page and click Search. The Serial Number is the last 8 digits of the PIN. In the case of a 287B it will be either ZSA or MSH Service Manuals are not sold the same way. Post your Serial Number and I can look up the Publication number of the manual so that you can look for it in the usual online market places.

  3. #3cag3102019-11-15 12:55

    Yes, I have been to Cat’s website and I have seen the manuals and prices they are offering. My VIN is a ZSA 1+ number. I was hoping someone can share the manuals free of charge. Anyone?

  4. #4Nige2019-11-15 12:58

    Might I ask how much you paid for the machine..? and you're not prepared to spring for a couple of hundred bucks for manuals.. Most of us in the equipment world would consider manuals as an investment that could be sold separately if and when the machine was sold. So they end up costing the owner nothing. Good luck with your search. I wish you the best of luck.

  5. #5cag3102019-11-15 13:06

    I wasn’t looking for a smart *** response or some kind of lesson. I was looking to save some money IF I COULD. I do all of my own mechanic work on everything from soup to nuts. And if you must know, I am a “poor farmer!” Does anyone have these or not?!

  6. #6excavator2019-11-15 14:32

    I totally agree with Nige, you spend big bucks on a machine and then can't seem to be able to afford a manual. You made a fairly large investment to keep your operation going, now spend a modest amount and buy a manual so you can keep your large investment goin.

  7. #7cag3102019-11-15 15:02

    You guys are a waste of my time. It looks like you have nothing better to do. if no one has the damn pdf’s I’ll spend the money and buy the damn manuals but why should I hand over the money to Caterpillar for a download of a pdf if someone else has it. Do you guys have stock in Cat? Do you work for Cat. Please do the three of us a favor and don’t post anymore to this thread.

  8. #8excavator2019-11-15 19:48

    Nope, don't work for CAT, just a "poor, self employed mechanic" who spends thousands of dollars every year buying manuals and information so I can keep busy. Sorry I offended you, that was not my intention. Check EBAY, there's usually something there. You can also check with track loader parts, they offer some free online manuals or else go to "the best manuals on line" they offer a lot of manuals much cheaper than OEM

  9. #9ianjoub2019-11-15 20:34

    As a general rule of thumb, it is poor etiquette to come to a forum as a new member and insult long time members with excellent reputations and a wealth of knowledge they are willing to share. Otherwise, you are asking members on here to commit a crime: theft of intellectual property.

  10. #10kshansen2019-11-16 12:05

    So this "person" thinks someone here who has shelled out the money for a manual should just send him a copy for free? I mean if someone asked for a specific piece of information out of a manual, like "what needs to be done remove the upper driveline out of a 615" I'm sure the reply and even a PDF of the section of the manual would be available in a matter of a couple hours or less. Expect someone to just give away a copy of a manual that could cost up to or above $500.00 for free is a bit much! Why not ask for free main hydraulic pump or turbocharger while your'e at it? If everyone had to pay for the information and knowledge that is available on this forum for free there are a few here that would be living the good life sipping PinaColadas on a beach somewhere. I, on the other hand, would be sitting here trying to get up enough ambition to go out and get a wheelbarrow of fire wood to keep warm the next couple days. Wait that is just what I am doing!

  11. #11cag3102019-12-06 19:47

    Thanks for nothing. ANYONE WHO’S ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR HELP, HERE ARE FREE CATERPILLAR 287B PARTS MANUALS. MOST OTHER CAT SKID STEER MACHINES ALSO AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE: https://www.trackloaderparts.com/caterpillar-287b-free-manuals/ Kshansen you can take that pina colada, your wheelbarrow of wood and your smart mouth and shove it. Did you know that agricultural parts and owners manuals are most often provided FREE of charge by manufacturers? You’re welcome, BTW. sincerely, Your poor farmer who doesn’t need your bs cuz he’s already got enough of it to manage.

  12. #12Alaska-Rancher2024-09-30 13:46

    I realize this is an old thread, however Just bought a cat 287b track loader and am needing a used operators/owners manual too

  13. #13Nige2024-09-30 14:37

    I assume your machine Serial number is ZSAxxxxx. If it is not then I don't guarantee this information to be correct. The Operation & Maintenance Manual for a ZSA machine is Cat Publication reference SEBU7732. 1st option is to search the usual internet marketplaces for SEBU7732, although a quick search just now revealed nothing for sale. Also you can download a copy from the Cat Publications website HERE . Simply put SEBU7732 in the box and click the Search button. A download takes 5 minutes max. CD and paper versions are also available but will need add S&H adding to the prices shown. The last option is to look HERE . These are genuine OEM manuals sold by a third party. They only offer O&M Manuals in either CD or paper form. Again add S&H charges to the prices.

  14. #14ndessy362025-04-14 13:18

    i need these but what is the part number for a ZSA0 machine?

  15. #15ndessy362025-04-14 13:19

    did you happen to download the manual? that link doesnt seem to work anymore

  16. #16Nige2025-04-14 13:27

    Which one of the two links I posted above.? Both of them work for me. Sorry I don't understand the question. You say "these" but I only mentioned one manual in that post which was the O&M.

  17. #17ndessy362025-04-14 13:32

    the link question was for the other gentleman cag310. the manual you recommended has for models ZSA1 +, my model number is ZSA04 so i didnt know if that manual will work for me or not.

  18. #18Nige2025-04-14 14:05

    Ah, I see what you mean now. "ZSA1-Up" is a Cat's shorthand way of saying ZSA00001-Up, or from first built in other words. So in that case SEBU7732, and either of the links I posted if you can't find a used copy somewhere, will work perfectly well for you. I would suggest that you check new prices before buying a used copy at a (potentialy) inflated price.