Hello guys, I'm pretty sure my center swivel is still a source of my problems. And I greatly need some more information.... I get good psi at all 3 of my pump taps in the engine compartment (3600psi) and all the main reliefs are adjusted... Also all the circuit reliefs have also been adjusted to (3800psi) (although the tracks do not have circuit reliefs, only through the mains) with that being said I still have issues.. The tracks are still not 100% right, if you just go straight forward with both tracks the machine seems strong and tracks straight. If you make a slow left or right turn it seems to start to struggle. And I believe I can hear the fluid ... I"m pretty sure the sound is Not coming from the main relief, but the swivel. I can leave one track stationary and zero turn the machine on either track and it seems strong. Now this seems odd that the dozer blade is strong but causes the same noise and the house will move slightly when you dead end the blade. This didn't make much sense to me, but the 2 speed line Also T's into the back of the house swing motor... So my theory is the swivel is leaking between the circuits and back feeding into the 2 speed circuit or return and just loosing pressure in general in the joint. The two speeds seems to work fine that the machine is faster in a straight line when it is on... When I say it is weak I'm am saying in low speed, of course 2nd speed would be worse. Does it seem like I'm on the right path? Can someone please post how to reseal the center swivel on a 1999 cat 305 sn prefix DSA .. Thanks for the help I'm determined to get this machine back in the dirt working right...
Put the machine up onto some cribbing so you have no problem getting under. Then remove cab but if you feel like it you can give it a shot without but it is tight as hell. All hoses needs to be removed from the sviwel and then it is bolted to the undercarriage from the bottom. When it is out you remove the bracket on it and there's a snap ring that needs to come off and then you just pull it apart.
I have had the bottom cap off, and the thick washer and the large snap ring from underneath, but nothing would budge. So is it fluid pressure holding it? Is it possible to do in chassis from underneath without removal? Mine has heat/ ac and it looks pretty rough getting cab off,(maybe im wrong) And getting to hoses just to clean things off was pretty cramped. Thanks for any advise.