Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 319D complete harness deteriorated (CAT SIS HELP)

illy · 2025-10-13 09:30

Hello, I'm trying to identify correct part number of the engine harness in desktop CAT SIS. After choosing "As shipped product" in the selection after I have: 296-4801 1 WIRING GP-ELECTRONIC CONTROL -OR- 324-4202 1 WIRING GP-ELECTRONIC CONTROL Now, inside these groups the difference is in the part number of the exact harness I'm trying to identify. How do I choose the correct one? Which one is on the machine?

Replies11
  1. #1Nige2025-10-13 09:41

    Try supplying a machine Serial Number for a start.

  2. #2Deimos2025-10-13 09:59

    Go to spare parts starting from the machine's arrangement number.

  3. #3illy2025-10-13 10:14

    WBJ00243

  4. #4illy2025-10-13 10:15

    There is no arrangement number on the machine data plate, only PIN. Did I miss it somewhere?

  5. #5Nige2025-10-13 10:51

    Date of Manufacture of the machine/engine is important. In this case 05/Jan/2010. The Engine Arrangement is a 272-4816. In that particular Engine Arrgt the 296-4801 Wiring Gp - Electronic Control changed to 324-4202 on 23/Aug/2009. Therefore from the dates it appears that your engine was manufactured with the newer 324-4202 Wiring Gp. The engine wiring harness for that Gp is a 324-4203 which updates to 538-2059.

  6. #6illy2025-10-13 12:02

    Is there anyway to see what is actually changed? Like some linked documents? And the engine manufacture date is unknown so how smart is to rely on machine date?

  7. #7Nige2025-10-13 12:27

    In my experience of the way the factory uses “just in time” manufacturing the DOM of the engine will be no more than 4-6 weeks prior to the DOM of the machine. Even with no definite DOM for the engine I would say it was most probably manufactured around the end of November 2009, which would be well after the changeover date of 23/Aug/2009. There is no documentation I can see, except at a very detailed level of what parts need to be removed from/added to the earlier Part Number of engine harness to create the latest Part Number. From that it appears as though there are significant differences between the two harnesses. I suppose at this point it is worth you confirming that the original Serial Number of engine JKH06236 is in fact installed in the machine.

  8. #8illy2025-10-13 13:27

    Yes, the actual engine s/n is JKH06236. I'm also the service tech working on the machine. I have removed all harness from the machine except for the one in the cab. Below is the picture of the engine harness. Burned. The plan was to repair the harness but the insulation is too much ruined.

  9. #9illy2025-10-13 14:23

    Where did you find this dates?

  10. #10Nige2025-10-13 15:03

    See your messages.

  11. #11Universal Parts2025-10-14 03:50

    Caterpillar C4.2 Excavator Engine Part Number 310-9688: Interchangeable Part Numbers: 310-9688, 3109688, 538-2059, 5382059