Hi, I'm from Portugal and I need help about my Cat D4D disassembled many years ago and anengine from another machine ( serial number 78A2796 , series D ). Where can I find the chassis identificationnumber? What model of my engine? What are the differences between the 330 andthe 3304? Can I mount this engine on the chassis What is the engine model from the D4D?, 330, 3304...?. Thank you very much for your cooperation
Post this question on ACMOC. The 3304 followed the D330. Serial number should be on back of bevel gear compartment below the brake cover. Try upper left first. You may have to scrape some paint. Serial plate should also be on your engine. Someone on ACMOC will know if you can swap a 3304 for a D330. I stand to be corrected but I would call this a repower, not a swap.
There were two D330 engines. A 4.5 X 5.5 bore X stroke D330 and a later 4.75 X 6 D330C. Then the 3304