Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar D8 2U need to tow, won’t move

RMiner · 2021-09-26 10:27

I have a dozer Cat D82U that needs to be towed, the engine is froze up and can’t be driven. The transmission is in neutral but it still won’t budge. Could the steering clutches be locking it up? And how do I release them, I have no manual for the machine. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Old Doug2021-09-26 11:40

    It should roll ok. How long has it been setting? Is it sunk down? What are you pulling with? I needed to move one i had a D6 and D8 hooked to it there was about a foot of dirt behind the tracks i broke to cables before i dug out behind it.

  2. #2hector gemme2021-09-26 12:15

    The brake band must be freese on drum you need to desajusted the brake or the track are freese in rust and you can use a chaine for pulling by on side track and if he move try the other side track but you need power for pulling

  3. #3epirbalex2021-09-26 17:20

    Have you tried holding back both steering levers while being towed , may show which side is stuck .

  4. #4RMiner2021-09-29 17:11

    Tried pulling it with a loader but just dug holes, clear in front and back

  5. #5RMiner2021-09-29 17:13

    Do you know where to adjust the brake band? Maybe a picture, Thanks