Hello All I have the operators manual for the 938K we recently purchased. How ever I have now a question about the operation of the Fusion Coupler. The Operators manual tells how to use it but doesn’t go in to any machine configuration requirements such as does the machine have to be in neutral with the parking brake on etc. I will attach a picture of the data plate for reference. Thanks Phil P
The Fusion quick coupler is controlled by a switch on the right hand side, with a little red tab on it. pull the tab and put pressure on the switch, downward position to raise the 2 hydraulic cylinders that move the wedges (disconnect implement). Press switch upwards to lower the wedges (connect implement). If my mind is not failing me, there is constant pressure on those cylinders, keeping the wedges down and thus eliminating any slack. Machine needs to run, nothing else, can be driving, operating everything. Hope this answers your question
the one on the right, next to the key switch
Hi Thanks for the information it looks like I am not getting a change in hydraulic pressure at the cylinders when the control is switched to disconnect. The manual is more concerned with safety statements than detailed instruction on operations and I just wanted some input to make sure we weren’t missing something in the configuration of the machine before the locks would work. I didn’t have time for much trouble shooting and we just used the bucket and chains to get the project at hand done. Phil P
The switch itself might be faulty as well, check fuses behind the cab door. Can't help you troubleshooting the hydraulic part of the quick hitch
Hi I have located a manual for the Fusion coupler and ordered it. One more thing they purchased this machine without my input I have found that it was used from new at a tree farm and I would almost bet a weeks pay that the bucket has never removed from this unit. Phil P
Then the wedges will most definitely be stuck. Try putting pressure on the cylinders and at the same time shake the bucket. Otherwise it will be hammertime... There's some grease nippels on each cylinder and on each wedge so good time to take care of those too
Good morning Dennis2 I finally took the time to open all the panels that are intended to be used for daily maintenance. What I fine impresses me with the high quality maintenance this machine has had, It was purchased from the original owner, all filters were dated and had time in service on them. The coupler had been well lubricated and when I did get it working the pins were lubricate and even though it may have been some time sense the bucket had been off. When I got the switch working it uncoupled without a problem. Thank you too all of you that helped with your information. Phil P