Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar Source For Engine Serial Number Lookup

Bradford Gerl · 2019-04-19 10:37

Does anyone know of a could website that will take you serial number for a Caterpillar Engine and then spit back out the data plates specs and other relevant information? Cummins and John Deere have pretty good sites for this, but Cat has always seemed hit and miss to me. I usually end up having to call in for this and get it from my local.

Replies15
  1. #1Welder Dave2019-04-19 12:22

    I think you need to get access from Cat. A few of the members on here that are/were Cat mechanics can get it.

  2. #2Nige2019-04-19 12:23

    There’s no public website but HEF has been known on occasion to come up with the necessary info.....

  3. #3walkerv2019-04-19 12:27

    A bunch of us here have access to SIS data plate specs no problem, can even help you with parts and service info, define relevant info please and if you need some info please post your serial no. And someone will be along before you know it

  4. #4kshansen2019-04-19 15:00

    There might even be a little competition to see who get the info uploaded first! My problem is being retired I tend to sleep late some mornings!

  5. #5Welder Dave2019-04-26 01:19

    Or they could just post it on here and someone will tell them what year it is and other details about it.

  6. #6kshansen2019-04-26 09:12

    Yep! and if it's not too old might even be able to tell you month and day it came off the assembly line and all the original components it was built with at the factory!

  7. #7old-iron-habit2019-04-28 01:46

    You are so lucky you can sleep. I am jealous.

  8. #8kshansen2019-04-28 16:08

    Problem is the sleeping late in morning is because of the time I'm awake in the middle of the night!

  9. #9EARPAPER2019-05-01 02:24

    I need help....9U735 SP Tractor Number....was told its a 1949 or 1950 D6 cat............would like to find dozer blade for it but do not know what to look for. Thank you.

  10. #10Rich Henthorne2019-10-07 17:41

    New guy here. New to 50's vintage D6 crawler as well. Can anyone give information on Serial # 9U23632? Also, I'm in the market for a pony motor water pump (possibly rebuild?). Any help would be appreciated.

  11. #11soperlogan2022-09-15 17:36

    Can someone identify the model year of this Cat 320C? Thank you in advance. CAT0320CTPAB05087

  12. #12Nige2022-09-15 17:47

    2005. See below.

  13. #13soperlogan2022-09-15 18:15

    Thank you very much!!

  14. #14EARPAPER2023-11-26 22:17
  15. #15Welder Dave2023-11-26 23:06

    Might be better to start a new thread asking what blades fit your D6.