Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

wa 100 komatsu loader

stven · 2019-04-19 20:22

our 100 is pouring oil out of rear main seal so I pulled the engine and I don't see anything out of the norm I was hoping someone might have exp with this and could help me out with some info Thanks Steve

Replies12
  1. #1Bls repair2019-04-19 20:45

    If you saw oil coming out of rear main seal replace it . It doesn’t have to “look” bad to be bad. Check crank for wear ,you may need a speedy sleeve if wear is found.

  2. #2stven2019-04-19 20:54

    Thank You

  3. #3rondig2019-04-19 21:20

    Stupid question...are you sure it is engine oil?

  4. #4stven2019-04-21 10:47

    Yes I know that was a concern because the hyd pump is in the same locate but we did figure it to be engine oil . The problem I have is the oil was really pouring out so I was hoping to see something obvious. It really is a poor set up the way that the seal is in the bellhousing I thought maybe the oil pump press might be to high or the main bearing is so worn that the oil is just shooting out the seal Thank You

  5. #5rondig2019-04-21 10:52

    Is there an oil journal running back there? With a loose or missing plug?

  6. #6stven2019-04-21 17:03

    That's what I was hoping for but the only other thing in that small area is the back of the camshaft. Thank You

  7. #7rondig2019-04-21 17:31

    Does the camshaft have a "frost plug"

  8. #8rondig2019-04-21 17:41

    Can u run engine out of machine? Should find leak forsure then lol...but if you have out i would change all seals on both ends plus change tranny seals if any

  9. #9stven2019-04-21 17:49

    No you can see the back of the cam and bearing

  10. #10rondig2019-04-21 17:52

    Really ok...im out of my league...i just dont know that engine personally at all....every engine i ever saw had a frost plug or cast closed....good luck though i am out of solutions...

  11. #11rondig2019-04-21 18:11

    What engine do u have in it

  12. #12funwithfuel2019-04-21 18:50

    No Rondig, you're on point! He can see the cam and bearing. the freeze plug must have popped out. It shouldn't be in the bellhousing though, I wouldn't think. Knock a new plug in and move along.