Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar Test Group, .. I think..

Warwick427 ยท 2011-06-22 17:52

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...04062940245.2136417.1207514439&type=1&theater Need some help identifying what this is and if it's of any value?

Replies12
  1. #1Lee-online2011-06-22 19:08

    bad link. This content is currently unavailable.The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

  2. #2Warwick4272011-06-22 22:14

    I think it's fixed now.. I had it set to "private" duh! ooops

  3. #3Lee-online2011-06-23 16:35

    Never seen that setup before but it just looks like a set of gages and a rpm gage. Does it have a part number on it?

  4. #4Cmark2011-06-23 17:15

    It's for transmission pressure testing. Pretty old school now as it has a manual drive tachometer and comes with a heap of pressure test adaptors from the days before Cat standardised on their test couplings. I've used it before, but it's fairly bulky and does nothing you can't achieve with a couple of gauges and test lines. Part number is (was) 6V4160. Does it have value? Yes.

  5. #5Warwick4272011-06-23 21:10

    Wow, that's awesome, Cmark! Any idea on a ballpark figure or should I just throw it on ebay and see what happens? It is in excellent condition. The case it came in is well intact and only has some minor surface rust. Other than that, all the parts, hoses, etc inside the case look barely used.

  6. #6Cmark2011-06-24 00:56

    Not being a smartarse, but it's worth whatever someone wants to pay. I'd probably offer you $50 because I don't need it, someone who does need it may offer you $1000! What did you pay for it? Don't be greedy and put it on feebay with that as a starting price and then at least you're in profit. Easy come, easy go I say. Why not put it in the for sale section on this forum?

  7. #7Yepblaze2011-06-24 07:19

    Facebook Login You must log in to see this page.

  8. #8Ross2011-06-24 08:18

    CLICKY

  9. #9Warwick4272011-06-24 17:23

    That's the one Ross! Thanks! Very cool! And aside from the little bit of rust on the outside, it's all there

  10. #10Nige2011-06-24 18:26

    Warwick. From the link posted by Ross you can see that it has been discontinued and replaced by 2 numbers. The new numbers are a gauge group that goes for $1210, and an adapter/hose/connector group that goes for $1590. Obviously the discontinued part you have won't be worth $2800, but it should be worth a fair bit to someone. Note: The variety of connectors in the kit you have mean it'll work with a lot of other machines, for testing anything hydraulic or transmission-related. Gauges can be bought individually by the way, just in case one goes bad. I think the gauge part numbers never changed between the former test box and the new one but wouldn't swear to that.

  11. #11Warwick4272011-06-24 18:45

    Wow! Good to know! Thanks so much! I made sure to give props to you guys on my for sale thread. We'll see what happens

  12. #12Lee-online2011-06-24 18:59

    The gages should have the part number on their face. Cat gages cost $50-$80 depending on which one.