Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpiller quick attach cylinder repair found.

Tyler d4c · 2021-01-19 21:30

The little cylinders have no seal kit available from cat and cost about 500 more then id like so here's the fix if you got one leaking The first photo is the seal numbers wiper is on the sticker and the oil seal is the one wrote in sharpe. You'll also need the oring for the gland witch I have no number for

Replies13
  1. #1heymccall2021-01-20 01:43

    Cylinder part number? 192-2640? Asking so I can find this later.

  2. #2Tyler d4c2021-01-20 08:27

    I don't remember what the part no for the cylinder is ill look tonight

  3. #3Tyler d4c2021-01-20 12:53

    Currently 850 from cat loader parts source has for 300 parts I bought cost about 15

  4. #4Parkhill2024-01-22 01:33

    Have you got info on how to strip the cylinder? Can’t seem to get the top off

  5. #5Tyler d4c2024-01-22 07:09

    There is a wire ring in the groove that retains the head once its out just a matter of fighting rust to pull it out

  6. #6heymccall2024-01-22 07:55

    Drive gland inward...pick out wire ring. In this pic, the wire lock ring is merely sitting on the gland.

  7. #7Timpriest2024-07-10 13:21

    I know this is an old forum but I googled that Hallite number no luck for oil seal. Any ideas. Thanks

  8. #8heymccall2024-07-10 14:34

    The aftermarket now makes a drop in replacement. https://www.google.com/amp/s/loaderpartssource.com/lps-cylinder-quick-coupler-to-replace-caterpillarr-oem-192-2640-on-compact-track-loaders.html%3famp=1

  9. #9Timpriest2024-07-10 15:23

    Yes sir I had saw that. Just trying to get around paying 350 when I just need a couple seals,,,, thanks for the reply ).

  10. #10Tyler d4c2024-07-10 16:22

    You'll probably have to find them by size that's what was on the package I received them from for the life of me I don't remember where I bought them from

  11. #11Timpriest2024-07-10 18:16

    10 4. Thanks. Yea theres a hydraulic place not too far. I’m gonna take the parts and those seal numbers and see if they can hook me up… thanks again,,

  12. #12cstewart2025-04-16 11:32

    Any luck finding the other part number it? Im in the same boat and have looked several places and cant find it either.

  13. #13cstewart2025-04-16 11:50

    Do you know what shape the oil seal is? Im having a tough time finding it. Based on your pic I can tell that one side is flat,but I cant tell what shape the other side is? Im assuming its 15mm inside diameter and 25mm outside diameter?