Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chaining a T200

LWG ยท 2011-04-04 13:19

I have a question about transporting a T200. I don't really see a good point to chain in down in back. The front has the bucket, and attachment points at the front of the cab. The rear is smooth, and there's nothing obvious to tie to. What do you suggest?

Replies3
  1. #1TomG2011-04-04 20:50

    There should be an area to run a chain through on the back of the machine. It is under the machine, almost directly under the rear engine door. It does not stick down at all under the machine so it might be hard to see if your not looking for it. And it could also be filled with dirt which would make it harder to see.

  2. #2willie592011-04-04 21:01

    Yep, there should be a tie down lug/lugs at rear of machine. Some models had a single lug in the center, others had holes in rear mounting as mentioned by TomG, and I hauled a T190 today that had tie down lugs on each side of rear frame just behind rear wheels. For the front, most all later model Bobcats had hook points on sides of loader arms a foot or so above coupler pivot point.

  3. #3LWG2011-04-05 14:00

    Thanks, I'll take a look. I don't have to transport it at the moment, I was just wondering how it was done.