Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Champion 720 accumulator’s pressure switch and bleeding.

Southbus ยท 2023-08-27 10:38

Hello friends, I need to get the pressure switch that is installed under the accumulators, while I get them I'll put some npt plugs, is there a way to bleed that end of the hydraulic circuit? The part number of switchs is: 44433 Thank you!!! Cesar

Replies4
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-08-27 23:12

    Jade Equipment if a Volvo dealer can't get it.

  2. #2cuttin edge2023-09-02 10:32

    If you can't find them, I would eliminate them. Not all graders have them. Our old 730 didn't have them, and the only time I turn them on in my Volvo is when I am grading an area that has a lot of bug rocks.

  3. #3Southbus2023-09-02 11:48

    Hi cuttin edge first thanks for your interest in helping me, do you mean removing the accumulators or pressure switches? My problem is only with the switch because it has an oil leak, I imagine that this switch has nothing to do with the operation of the accumulator, but apparently it is only activating the light and alarm when the hydraulic oil pressure drops to a certain limit. What do you mean? Thank you! Cesar

  4. #4cuttin edge2023-09-02 12:37

    If you are not able to find the parts you need, and you are not doing any grading in rocky areas, eliminate the accumulators all together. A lot of graders don't even have them. The switches on my Volvo shut the system off altogether, as it makes it hard for fine grading. Only time I turn the system on, is when grading an area I know has a lot of hidden rocks, and I don't need to be precise. As for bleeding the system, that I am unsure of.