Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Solenoids arrived, yeah!

Welder Dave ยท 2023-08-29 22:14

I need to give a shout out to Iron Wing Sales. Solenoids were packaged nice and fast delivery. They are brand new and can't beat the price at $8.10ea.us. when you buy 2. New from Parker are $660.00us. All the cost was shipping to Canada but still a great deal. It might be worth checking out their website. They appear to have a lot of overstock and liquidation parts for all kinds of equipment at bargain basement prices. Hopefully I can get some help to install the articulation valve. Not real hard to do but in a bit of a tricky position that requires some bending and twisting. My joints ache really bad, especially my back, when I do any amount of slightly physical work or have to get down on my knee's. Beat the cancer so far but still have the after affects from the treatments and stem cell transplant. It's kind of a disability. I'm glad I can get around but can't do near the things I used to before the cancer.

Replies2
  1. #1TCat2023-08-30 10:18

    WD thanks for posting the info about that site. I checked it out and it looks like a great place to find deals on parts. I added it to my bookmarks to check for parts when I need them. Wish we lived a little bit closer I'd be more than happy to give you a hand with the solenoids and get you to help me with my dozer in exchange. T

  2. #2Welder Dave2023-08-30 17:14

    I forgot to mention Iron Wing has a lot of new old stock (NOS) parts. I'm hoping to go a vintage machinery yard on the weekend. I was invited by member Burnout on here and they may have a welding project for me. They have a Raygo Giant grader they posted video's of. I don't mind helping out with stuff like this. I know they don't have a lot of funds and it would be neat and rewarding to be able to help keep some older machines running.