Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Champion 730 A gear problem?

Team TOK · 2013-05-21 15:46

Hi! I have a problem whit gear shifting whit my Champion 730 A -90. Sometimes it shift hard and ok but sometimes its slipper at 1,3,5,7 and it takes a time before it hooked up and sometimes its slipper at 2,4,6,8 but works ok at the other shift. its never slipper att all gear just ,1,3,5,7 or 2,4,6,8 I have try to change solenoid from the lowest and the highest at the gearbox an have change the valve but nothing differnt. I have cleaned the valves and i think the "rubber are a little hard? I have change oil and filter. I am sorre about my english. Someone who can help me because in Sweden couldnt i find any one who could something about Champion graders?

Replies8
  1. #1dallou2013-05-22 02:08

    hey tok if you pull off the solenoid and valve bodies u will find some rings in there they are called hook rings chances are u have a few of these that are broke or wore badly this will cause the problems u are explaining as it has happened to me before.the rings are made of steel and interlock back on them selves. its not a real hard fix just kind of a pain to get to. hope this helps

  2. #2Team TOK2013-05-22 13:03

    Hi and thanks a lot. I have order a new kit from VolvoSweden whit electric solenoid and valve and will get it att friday so i can test it. Regards Björn

  3. #3Team TOK2013-05-26 15:17

    Get the valve from Volvo and it wasn't the same. Must go back and change it :-(

  4. #4Walleyewatchers2013-05-26 23:39

    This is a comon problem. I had a 720A and this happend almost every time I would order parts. Try the manufature of the transmision may have better luck.

  5. #5Team TOK2013-05-27 12:07

    Some one who knows where i can order the parts? I have try to change them to rubber rings but it doesn´t works any better. i Think it is the highest valve who is the problem, is that correct?

  6. #6Team TOK2013-05-27 12:43

    When i take out the valves it has tre places whit "rings" and its tree "rings" at each place. Is it that rings or is it inside the valve.

  7. #7dallou2013-05-28 01:09

    inside the valves there is some steel rings that the hooks break away from each other and i do beleive there is three i will check my book tomorrow and let u know

  8. #8dallou2013-05-28 01:12

    and by changing them to rubber is not a good idea because the piston slides by holes in the valve so probly just chewed up the orings and yes i believe you are at the rite spot cause there is three rings