Well the old gallon 118 didn't sound right yesterday, and upon closer inspection found the number 3 cylinder had broken the knuckle on the rocker arm that drives the injector. After talking to our local Cummins supplier it became pretty apparent that this won't be an easy part to source. Searched online but came up empty handed. So I'm looking for the center rocker arm. The engine info is- NHC-4-BI four cylinder Cummins. Manufactured 4-8-60 engine # 244107 SBM# 38268. I can get pictures if needed. Hoping somebody has some old parts lying around that they're willing to part with. Thanks in advance! Jake
These guys have some 118 Galions torn down: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/dismantledsearch.aspx?ETID=3&Manu=GALION&Mdltxt=118&mdlx=exact
I'll call them Monday. Thanks!
I'll start by saying that I am not a Cummins expert, but have learned a bit lately chasing parts for a H743C Cummins in a Galion 118C. You should check to see if parts from the 6-cylinder NH220 series will suit your NHC-4. I think the NHC-4 is a 4-cylinder version of the 6-cylinder NH and they probably share cylinder heads and valve/injector gear. The 6 uses 3 cylinder heads and I think the 4 uses 2 of the same head. Hope this info is correct and of help to you. Gary
You might also look into NHC250 models--there were/are a ton of them being parted out/still running around in the military five ton trucks; both M800 and M939 series trucks. I have an NHC parts motor if you find that it would interchange.
Rmxr I think you are correct. That will hopefully open up some options. Jimbo I looked at an nhc250 parts manual the other day at our local truck shop. The rocker arm setup is slightly different due to the updated injectors. I think it may be possible to go that route if I were to swap cylinders and heads also. Hopefully I wont need to go that route ($$) but it may be an option. Thanks all!