Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Changing hoses on a Case 580C extendahoe?

fishfighter ยท 2014-07-11 08:39

Well, I been getting a lot of land clearing done up to this morning. Was pushing, lifting trees and burning them. Then came a new problem. One of the hoses that feed the extendahoe started leaking.:Banghead Broke out the shop manual and I'm not happy about having to pull the complete section off to service this just to change out both hoses. I was thinking of setting the hoe up to were I could just pull the rear cylinder pin and then extend it to were the cylinder extends out. What y'all think? Will this work? Thanks for any input.

Replies2
  1. #1fishfighter2014-07-11 13:45

    Here is a update. My plan worked. Only twice I had oil shoot out raising the boom and lowering it. LOL It was a SOB getting the pin out. I had sprayed it with PB Blaster, put the maul to it, more spray, a bigger maul, more spray, then a pipe wrench and pipe and it broke free. Changed both hoses.

  2. #2KevinF2014-07-14 16:08

    Thanks for the post/update. Always thought it would be a pain to get in there and replace/service in there.